Messed up my netconfig settings, now what

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by david4021, Aug 20, 2007.

1. david4021

david4021 New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Plano, TX
    I have an HR10-250 with all the good stuff on it, I changed ISPs and had to change the IP settings on my Tivo (long story). I made the changes to the rc.sysinit.author file but now I cant see my Tivo on my network and the lights on the USB/Ethernet adapter aren't lit so I'm guessing I messed up the settings.

To make matters worse I didn't have the ttyS3 enabled so I cant seem to get to the serial port with TeraTerm.

options - other than pulling the drives?

If I have to pull the drives does the Tiger’s Mfs Tools CD give me what I need just to access the drive and fix the rc.sysinit.author file (it's been a long time so I dont recall if it has vi or something I can use)?

thanks

2. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    Console bash is on ttyS2 on an HR10. You'll need to pull your drive to get access to anything now. I'd recommend mfslive or the ptvupgrade boot disk instead of the rather outdated Tiger boot disk. They both have vi, and pico also I believe. If you're running 6.3x, you can patch tivoapp for HMO/HME, and one of the side effects is network setup screens, so you can configure your network params with your remote.