"Messages" Screen locks up my unit

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jwhitesel, Mar 4, 2006.

1. jwhitesel

jwhitesel New Member

Nov 4, 2004

Advertisements

I have the Directv R10 unit and just recently whenever I go to the "messages" screen it completely locks up my unit. The only way to get it started again is to hit the little red reset button under the door on the front of the unit. I don't normally have it connected to a phone line so I decided to connect it this morning to update everything to see if that would help, and nope it still does it. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
    James

2. wooh

wooh New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Had that problem a while back. Not much I can say to help you though. During one phone call, they guy said it was a new problem, and to deal with it until they knew what it was, I should just not go to the messages screen. It happened in the middle of a bunch of trouble I was having with my other Dtivo unit, and after one phone call too many of trying to get that one fixed, I went into total bi%ch mode and to make me happy they replaced not only the unit I had major problems with, but the Messages lockup one as well. So unfortunately I can't tell you if there ever was a fix for it.

3. MJHoltorf

MJHoltorf New Member

Dec 23, 2001
    Rancho...
    This happened to me as well after the 3.x to 6.x upgrade a year ago. I just lived with it until I needed to do a Clear and Delete for some other reason. That fixed it. There may be a less drastic way someone else might be able to suggest, but if it really bothers you, that will do the trick.

MJH

4. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    Just don't go to the messages menu anymore :) A Clear and Delete everything is the only way to fix it. Has to do with a bug that locks it up if you have too many msgs in memory.