Merging 2 S2 tivos

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by Iriskitall, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Iriskitall

Iriskitall New Member

May 30, 2004
    Tracy CA
    I now have two S2 Tivos (ones a nitelight)--but on separate accounts. They are on same network but one is my brothers who went off to college. Anyway to crack the MRV/HMO so they can transfer shows to each other? And for TivotoGo? They see each other but have separate lifetimes...and separate media access keys...etc. I only have one laptop but I'd like to get shows from both.
    Any help is appreciated..
    My first thought was to toss his drive and just copy my drive info to his tivo...not sure if that'd work...

2. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Call TiVo and merge the accounts.

3. Iriskitall

Iriskitall New Member

May 30, 2004
    Tracy CA
    I've tried to no avail....therefore, I resort to hacking it...

4. Iriskitall

Iriskitall New Member

May 30, 2004
    Tracy CA
    If I zipper my Dtivo with superpatch, will both be able to use mrv?

5. JWThiers

JWThiers Smartypants

Apr 12, 2005
    Cocoa, Florida
    In order for an SA tivo to see a Dtivo for MRV the SA tivo would have to be superpatched also.

6. Iriskitall

Iriskitall New Member

May 30, 2004
    Tracy CA
    Well JWT-- I think you made my simple project a whole lot harder... I was thinking my SA series 2s with "separate"mrv (they see each other but again, have separate accounts and tivo wouldn't merge them therefore the mrv is useless!) would be compatible with zippered Dtivo mrv. It sounds like I gotta rip them all apart (not my kinda fun).
    I'm a simple guy--add a drive type and be done with it...but wireless networking the Dtivo intrigued me..
    So, to recap, --Dtivo needs to come out as it doesn't have LBA48 kernal but has 40gb+160gb(127gb actually) for storage...I divorce drives and remarry with LBA48 kernal for 25 more hours+/- (Question 1) Can I use PTUpgrade version 4.02 iso(in lieu of buying 4.03) (I couldn't quite find the diffs between them)?
    Then zippering Dtivo would enable wireless networking...but mrv would be useless. (Question 2) So SA2s mrvs are not compatible with Dtivo mrv, correct? making above "useless" statement true for my purposes anyway.
    Thank you for your kind knowledge...and the dvr-pedia link--great info. Lastly, DVR-pedia mentions zipper should be run on "unmodified" tivos--if all I've done was the above (remarriage" does that qualify as unmodified? I should still be able to zipper it, correct?