Memorex TV remote codes don't work

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Sandi605, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Sandi605

Sandi605 New Member

Jul 27, 2004
    delaware
    Hi this may sound stupid but I just bought a new Memorex TV tivo working fine the only problem I can't use the tivo for volume or to turn off tv I tried all the suggested Memorex codes but none work, I also tried searching for a code but nothing. Does anyone have a suggestion so that I don't have to use 2 remotes. The remote that came with it is not a universal and is a single use remote - would this have anything to do with my problem?

Sandi

2. mkppk

mkppk New Member

Jan 5, 2006
    I have the same problem, did you ever find a code that worked?

3. Skidya

Skidya New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Try 0148.

Is your new TV model number MT2024? This has come up in another thread, too. I can't post URL's yet, but change the number in the url of this page from 195646 to 276270, or do a google search for

mt2024 remote control tivo code

and it's the second hit.

I tried the one code that was mentioned in that thread, which didn't seem to work. Somebody suggested trying the Emerson codes--there are a lot of them--and when I worked through the whole list of those, I entered code 0184 incorrectly as 0148, and that code *almost* works. It has the same problem mentioned in the other thread: Power, Mute, and Volume Down work fine, but Volume Up brings up the television's setup menu (brightness and such). Many people have asked this question and no one seems to have found a code that works completely.