Meerkat Manor Returns 2021

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by flamespeedy, Apr 27, 2020.

1. flamespeedy

flamespeedy New Member

Apr 27, 2020
    Arriving next year, Meerkat Manor: Rise of the Dynasty (wt) is a new instalment in the Meerkat Manor series, the television phenomenon renowned for its compelling, character-led storytelling. The series is a BBC America co-production with Oxford Scientific Films, and is a heartstring-tugging, dramatic tale of survival revolving around three families who are descendants of the legendary meerkat matriarch, Flower. These neighbours and rivals who share a bloodline are forced to compete for food and resources in an environment that is undergoing a great deal of change: the Kalahari Desert in South Africa. The 13, 30-minute episodes will premiere on BBC America in 2021.

BBC America Announces New Nature Programs ‘She Walks with Apes’ and ‘Meerkat Manor: Rise of the Dynasty’ | BBC America

tim1724, lalouque and astrohip like this.
  2. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Loved this show. But it got hard to watch when sh!t got real, eg injuries and death. I know it's nature, and Nature's a b!tch, but I found it hard to watch animals in distress.

For some time perspective, Meerkat Manor ran from 2005 to 2008. Been a long time.

I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing this, new member.

3. flamespeedy

flamespeedy New Member

Apr 27, 2020
    Yeah it's insane how long ago that feels. I only recently rewatched the whole series in 2019.

4. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Woo hoo, I love Meercat Manor! Thanks for the heads up.

5. flamespeedy

flamespeedy New Member

Apr 27, 2020
    Same & no problem at all :)

I just hope that it will be as good as original in the way it was filmed.
    The original had problems with information on names being different which makes things very confusing.

FB Group here for this new show: MeerkatManor: ROTD

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  6. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    I've wanted to watch Meerkat Manor for a while, turns out it's on Prime so I started it and, cool, one of my absolute favorite actors - Bill Nighy - is the narrator.