Medium 5/25

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by newsposter, May 26, 2009.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA

Advertisements

was lee always a &&&&? I dont remember him being that bad. And is this the first time we saw his dad? i think so

I liked the kids story line but think there should have been a bit more acknowledgment that the ariel was overall doing well except the keys left in the ignition...Or did she? Then again, dont most cars have interlock these days? That is what i didnt understand, how she could not know what the brake was when you have to hit it to unlock tranny? I didnt see bridge turn the key to unlock the gears either

i guess we are supposed to overlook this stuff ? And why wasnt there some talk of the other guys smashed in front of the car and possible injury?

So why in the world did they give the banker a pass on the theft? She did wrong, it came back to bite her, and while she didnt deserve a bullet she did deserve jail. Or did i misinterpret something?

I liked the writing and am glad this show isnt predictable but a lotta holes in this weeks show

Looks like dad will do pretty well near the ocean, i was half expecting him to have a roomie though.

nice bank robbers car by the way (I have the same just different color ;))

2. Mr. Happypants

Mr. Happypants Bal'more Hon

Jan 29, 2006
    All good points and yet I have only one burning question:

Who played Ms. Boddicker?? I have an idea, which I voiced very convincingly to the Wife but I won't tip my hand here in the interest of a fair & impartial decision.

3. cmgal

cmgal Member

Oct 1, 2003
    OC, CA
    I think it was Allyce Beasley who played Cybill Shepard's and/or Bruce Willis' assistant on Moonlighting

4. Kablemodem

Kablemodem Get the ketchup.

May 26, 2001
    Sherman...
    Allison tried to turn in the banker, but Davalos says he needed more than just a dream to charge her. I would think somewhere along the line she would have confessed when she admitted to having the money. She must have admitted having it, otherwise the police couldn't have planted it in the guy's car.

5. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA

Advertisements

We were shouting it's Miss Dipesto! She hasn't changed much.

She also played Coach's daughter in a memorable episode of Cheers.

I hated what they were doing with Lee's storyline. Can they just fire that woman who plays Lynn? He might be more interested in his girlfriend if she had more than one expression. Ugh.

6. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    My car you can't put the car in gear unless your foot is on the brake, and I doubt that she could of reached the brake.

7. cmgal

cmgal Member

Oct 1, 2003
    OC, CA
    I, also, wish they would get rid of her. I'd like to see Lee as a single father.

8. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I thought Ariel took the keys with her when she went back in to check the door. The entire thing in the car was far fetched.

Marie made me laugh a few times in this episode. "I'm going back to bed!"

9. sallypnut

sallypnut Older than I look.

Oct 8, 2001
    Mountain...
    I don't think she'll be fired any time soon. She's married to the show's creator, Glenn Gordon Caron. ;)

10. WO312

WO312 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    The part about Davalos needing more evidence was early in the show. Certainly he would have all the evidence he needed at the end to charge her.

I had a different take on the ending. I think it was Allison and Ms. Boddicker who planted the car and evidence. Then Allison called Davalos about her "dream". But I still don't understand how Ms. Boddicker got a free pass. I guess Allison was feeling generous.

11. Magnolia88

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    That was my favorite line of this episode. She is so adorable.

I know that the actress who plays Lynn only has the job because she's married to one of the EPs. But still, she is AWFUL and I can't stand any scene that she is in. She makes Lee look like an idiot for choosing to be with such a horribly boring woman. I don't care if she's pregnant -- run, Lee, run.

That would be a great twist if she were killed off after the baby is born and Lee had to be a single father. I doubt the writers would do that, but I'd be cheering.

12. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    That is my point, in the past eps ally said things like 'these people must pay' and she was very adamant that everyone that was a bad guy got their due in court/jail and went to very long ends to make that happen. So she finds an admitted thief and lets the woman 1. live by not getting shot. 2. profit in the way of no jail time !

Under the law, i'm pretty sure return of the money wont negate the robbery charge. Or would it be theft?

so yes she was in a generous mood. :D

13. WO312

WO312 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    Agreed.

On another note, it was interesting to me that the promos for next week said it will be the Medium Finale. Not season finale, but Finale. I don't know exactly what that means. Was it filmed as a series finale? Or does NBC just mean it is a finale for them? I'm so glad CBS is picking it up.

I hope mentioning the promos doesn't mean that's a spoiler?? :D

14. Magnolia88

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    At the time they filmed the season finale, I don't think the producers knew if it was going to be a series finale or not. I don't think NBC had made a decision yet on whether the show was coming back.

I think NBC is just trying to be vague in the promos. It's the "network finale." They want people to think it's the series finale, but they can't say that in the promos and certainly don't want to mention anything about the show continuing on CBS. I remember similar stuff when Buffy moved networks, the promos were sort of misleading.

15. cheerdude

cheerdude Reed & Juliet's CPA

Feb 27, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    I don't think that the police planted the money... while it was not mentioned, it is strongly implied that Allison and the bank teller put the money in the trunk, took the car back to the guy's house and parked it in the driveway... leaving the keys inside. Then Allison has "a dream" about the car and the money inside.

Therefore, the only people that know about the money were Allison & the bank teller.

16. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    THANK YOU for clearing that up. I've been saying since very very early on how horrible she is. I'll give her credit though...she's improved a *tiny* bit -- but not enough. ;)

17. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    Why do I always understand Allison's dreams better than she does? She spills the beans and tells Ms. Boddicker about her role in her dream UGH. It's like a detective telling a possible suspect what he found out so far. I was screaming at the TV for her to keep her trap shut.

Then Devalos putting both women in a room with their sketches??? Doesn't Alison work for him and he value and trust her opinion, why would he put her in that position with a possible suspect. He barely believes what Allison sees then he believes the "dreams" of a complete stranger who worked at the bank and whose claim of a dream could be inside information.

And Lee's girlfriend, could the guy have found much more of a DUD? Cut his losses, dump her and pay child support. I guess Lee is not exactly a super stud but come on, he could do better. Plus some watchable story lines could be built around a GF with some looks and personality.

I really like this show but there have been a few real bad episodes.

18. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    I agree that this was a low point, and it was suposed to be a comedy (I assume). At least they let us know the reason that Scanlon was so put off by having the baby. He had been beaten as a child and was desperate to NOT do it to his own child, but was afraid that he would. Tat would haunt anybody.

I wasn't caught up in the A story, along with the rest of this thread I gather. I thought the family interaction was great. Bridgett and Marie were very, very good here, and Arial did a credible job as the in-charge big sister.

19. Magnolia88

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I find Lee to be pretty studly, and I don't think I'm the only one.

I don't have a problem with Lynn's physical attractiveness, but the actress is so bad that she does come across as a complete DUD, as you say. If she had any kind of personality, she'd be tolerable. But I agree that Lee could do better in just about every way and that there could be great side stories about him and his personal life with a gf and baby if they had a more appealing actress in the role.

It's getting to the point whenever she shows up, I want to FF through her scenes b/c she's so awful, but I like Lee and want to watch stuff about him. And now I think I've reached my quota of posts complaining about Lynn for this episode. But she's the worst actress in prime time! :p

20. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    As I think it over, this show has never been about beautiful TV people, more normal looking people. Allison could be a complete knockout if she lost 30 lbs but like many people in the world isn't concerned about being a stick figure model. But your right on the GF, she is just a horribly actress which makes me naturally look for something else to hold my attention (think Echo from dollhouse).

(My apologies to her real husband if she is not such a dud in real life)