Medium 4/28/08 "Car Trouble" (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cainebj, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York

Advertisements

Well - this episode had me going...

I think the first half I was waiting for something terrible to happen to someone in the family -

When Allison and all the girls got in the SVU and she said - "say goodbye to Daddy girls we may never see him again",
    I thought 'oh my god' one of them is going to get killed. whew.

Great episode - and for all you asking where Ariel has been, she was back ;)

2. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    I'ts hard to comment on this given it was a two part episode and much of what they did was not going to pay off until the second half.

I can say for sure that Joe had better stick with engineering and not dabble in the finances. There is no winning if you cheat on a psychic wife. Joe should know this by now. If your kids can see what you did as teenagers, and can read the mind of the eye doctor, he should get it enough to know not to risk it.

Bridgette's question about the cerial box was, well, so her. I was laughing pretty hard at that, and Arial's response was also so *her*.

Those on board navigation systems are going to creep me out, until I get over this episode. :D This one was pretty good, accurate to an inch or two.

How does a car's entire electrical system need to be replaced? That makes no sense at all.

3. RichardHead

RichardHead Musical Klutz

Nov 16, 2003
    Hollywood,...
    You've never owned a British car with Lucas electrics, have you?

4. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Now that you mention it, no I haven't. Was her car a British model?

5. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles

Advertisements

So why did she dream about her car blowing up? The car didn't start so they took it in to get fixed, so why dream about a possible disaster? Part 2 maybe? Or was it just filler to stretch the storyline into two nights? :)

Kelly Preston is hot.

6. RichardHead

RichardHead Musical Klutz

Nov 16, 2003
    Hollywood,...
    No, I think it's an old Volvo but the point was in answer to "How does a car's entire electrical system need to be replaced?" not "How does Allison's car's entire electrical system need to be replaced?"

A small but important difference. :D

7. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    Electrical system means wiring. All wires in cars are bundled together in harnesses. If one wire experiences a massive non-fused surge in current, it's enough to set it on fire or at a minimum heat it up enough to melt the insulations of it and adjoining wires, causing everything electrical to short out, even equipment otherwise protected by fuses.

8. mrmike

mrmike Custom User Title

May 2, 2001
    It's also pretty common for cars which have gotten very very wet (see hurricanes/floods) to have heavily corroded looms which need to be replaced. What this has to do with the Dubois' Volvo is another question. Right there with "who opened the garage door, and how". Her powers are growing.

9. avery

avery New Member

May 29, 2006
    New York
    I took all the automatic car/garage activity as the murdered wife's actions. It's happened before. The end of last season comes to mind... when the dead journalist [who outed Allison] turned her tape recorder on so Allison could listen to what took place when the journalist was killed.

But actually, I'm puzzled about the "To Be Continued" at the end. While the previews for next week were running, they said "next Monday, on an all new Medium". It looked like a whole new story and didn't seem to have a thing to do with this one!?

10. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    sooo what did the blowing up car have to do with anything?

I loved the plot, didnt see the gun thing until they showed us the poster for the 1st time.

11. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I took the TBC to be about the dream of the office seduction with Joe... not necessarily about whatever is the "case" of the week...

12. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    This episode was a bit spooky but I was also confused by the crime itself. How does it work that a carjacker would shoot someone through the front windshield like that? Definitely an odd scenario.

The "to be continued" referred to Meghan's come-on and what would happen with it. Once again we see the poor choice Alison makes when she's too embarrassed to tell Joe that she dreamed about the come-on. If she had told him then he could recognize what was coming and avoid an awkward and potentially partnership-destroying situation.

13. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Not paying attention, eh? There was no carjacker.

14. TiVo Bum

TiVo Bum Pure Bum

Nov 6, 2004
    I think what madscientist was referring to was that the husband's story to the police was that there was a carjacker. How was that believed originally with the shot coming from the front of the car? The way the husband was telling the story the carjacker would've been standing at the side of the car.

15. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles

It was the symbolic death of Allison's Volvo.

16. ChrisNJ

ChrisNJ New Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Collingswood...
    I think the "To Be Continued" should be where they arrest Allison for murder because she drove the car into his garage and left the engine running. ;)

17. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    so after she found out the killers MO etc...why couldnt the car have fixed itself and miraculously just started up? or is that Part 2?

18. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Thanks Tivo Bum. Indeed, this is exactly what I meant. How did the husband get away with telling the story he did and arousing no suspicion, when the scenario he described just didn't seem to fit the facts at all?

From the very minute he described the crime, I was thinking that it made no sense at all based on what we knew from Alison's vision.