Mediacom Missing Channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by subarr, Jul 21, 2015.

1. subarr

subarr New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Georgia

Advertisements

I've had a Roamio and Medicom cable working great for 6 months. In the last few days, 4 HD channels have become "unauthorized" or bring up the cable card screen (ESPN, ESPN2, FXX, etc.).

I've changed out the cable card, rerun guided setup, rebooted, been walked through a dozen things by Mediacom support. Still no luck. All other channels work fine. Mediacom Man is supposed to "investigate" and call me back later, but I have my doubts.

I don't have another TV to check.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

2. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Ask tech support if they can do a "manual validation" on your cable card.

3. mae

mae member

Dec 10, 2001
    USA
    Mediacom recently added copy protection using CCI to all Fox/Disney (including ABC/ESPN) channels except broadcast, they say under new contract requirements of the suppliers. There are extensive discussions of this on their support forum, https://forums.mediacomcable.com/index.php?board=2.0.

People with TiVos are not having the same issues as those with HDHome Runs and WMC, but a few people have posted issues with improper pairing that these changes have exposed.

The best way to get this fixed is to work with the folks on that forum. Post your issue, they will ask you to PM them with your phone or account number, CC serial number, data and host id's. Don't even consider trying their phone support. The forum people usually take care of things in less than an hour.

4. subarr

subarr New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Georgia
    Thank you, Mae! You're right--the problem got solved quickly by one of the moderators. I appreciate your help.

5. brykasch

brykasch New Member

Jun 6, 2013

Advertisements

Yeah I haven't had any issues with mine since I upgraded to the roamio. And I have mediacom as well. Yes alot of the channels now are copy protected, mainly premium and nfl network, and I am sure there are others I just haven't been trying to transfer those shows with my program so I haven't seen the copy flags. Glad things worked out for you. I do work in tech support, if you need anything let me know!

6. mae

mae member

Dec 10, 2001
    USA
    You're very welcome. Someone here suggested them when I couldn't get my card paired on the phone. They have been great with problems with their TV and internet services. They even fixed a provisioning problem at 9 PM on Christmas Eve. They also got my drop replaced in a day after the phone people said the first appointment for a complete outage was in two weeks.