MCARD was just inserted - Randomly shows up

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Static, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Static

Static Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Tivo Bolt 1 week old
    2x (or 3?) times now We have turned on the TV in the am to see "Multistream card was just inserted".
    The first time I was able to just clear it.. the second time (today) the tivo was just frozen.
    I have a feeling its the update.. Wondered if anyone else had this issue?

2. t1v0fan2004

t1v0fan2004 New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    Just wanted to let you know I've seen this happen twice now on both my two week old Bolts. Is it still happening to you?

3. Bryan Lyle

Bryan Lyle Tivo'n since 1999

Feb 6, 2002
    Middle of...
    Has happened 4-5 times on my parents Bolt that is 3 weeks old. It's very frustrating for them. I've raved about Tivo's for a decade to them and the first one they get, they have had a handful of issues like this.

4. Static

Static Member

Apr 13, 2006
    yes - its still happening. I have replaced the m-card and have a new tuning adapter coming. Tivo support said that if it still continues, to call them - it may be a bad m-card port and will need to be replaced.

5. Static

Static Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Update> Once again TWC confirms how stupid they are...
    The TUNING ADAPTER that I ordered showed up as a DIGITAL adapter. Last time they sent an entire HDDVR... how hard is it??

bets that I get a cable card next - instead of a TA?

6. LynnL999

LynnL999 Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Irvine,...
    Static IMO it's unlikely this is a hardware issue at all. Others are reporting the same problem on the Bolt forum. You need to file a case at http://tivo.com/support. Until they hear from a number of people, a fix is unlikely.

7. Static

Static Member

Apr 13, 2006
    So you are saying its not the Card port? great....

8. LynnL999

LynnL999 Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Irvine,...
    Unless there are a whole bunch of bad card ports on recently sold Bolts... no.

9. ChurchillWS

ChurchillWS New Member

Jan 25, 2017
    I'm having the same issue and the only way to get back functionality is to pull the power on the device. The Bolt recognizes button presses on the remote (you can see the LED on the box blink), but nothing happens.

I've submitted a support request.

10. LynnL999

LynnL999 Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Irvine,...
    Margret got back to me on Twitter:

@lynnl999 @tapatalk Please email me TSNs with subject "CableCARD issue" margret at tivo dot com​

Please do this if you are having this problem! We need as many instances as possible.

11. ChurchillWS

ChurchillWS New Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Emailed her.

12. t1v0fan2004

t1v0fan2004 New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    Check out this workaround:

A CableCARD was just inserted

Saves you having having to do a hard reboot.

13. ChurchillWS

ChurchillWS New Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Thanks, that'll save me time and less worry about adversely affecting the hard drive by disconnecting power to it.

14. Static

Static Member

Apr 13, 2006
    another workaround is to unplug the USB Tuning Adapter... wait for it to see its unplugged , then plug it back in

FYI: I went through the whole RMA Process and got a replacement. This does the same thing.

So: Replaced the MCard, TA 2x, and Tivo... still happens. Its the Tivo.

15. pkyzivat

pkyzivat Member

May 7, 2002
    I've been seeing this issue now for a week or two on my Roamio. I've had it for several years now and this is the first time I've seen the problem. So far I've always been able to clear it without trouble and it hasn't seemed to disturb the receipt of signal from the cable. (But I'm not certain of that.)

Initially it was happening perhaps once per day, but now it seems to be happening gradually more often.

16. Static

Static Member

Apr 13, 2006
    ok turns out its a software issue. Tivo knows and is testing a beta version.... hopefully it will get fixed soon

17. ChurchillWS

ChurchillWS New Member

Jan 25, 2017
    After a long streak of it not happening, it happened again this morning. I followed the instructions they gave me and will be sending over the info I collected.