1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Master of None S2 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Zevida, May 17, 2017.

1. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Starting a spoilers thread, since I want to talk about what happened.

How are Mario and Francesca related? During episode 1, I assumed he was her son. But it became clear as the season went on that was not the case. Did I just miss it?

I got tired of Francesca and that story about halfway through the second to last episode. Maybe that was the point, but she went from a friend to someone just unfairly leading Dev on. I think the final two episodes were the weakest of the season.

The last shot with them in bed - was that from the night when she stayed over after the storm? I thought so, but then she didn't have her ring on, so I thought not.

I would have liked much more Arnold, Denise, and Brian.

sushikitten likes this.
  2. logic88

logic88 Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Land Of...
    Yeah, it wasn't from that snowed in night. Different clothes and bedding too, I believe.

Actually, I was thinking that it would have been better to just end season 2 with that shot of Francesca instead of that final shot of the bed scene. And if they wanted to insert more uncertainty, have her debate whether or not to take the engagement ring off.

True. It might be realistic but it doesn't make Dev's behavior less jerky, IMO.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  3. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    By the way, I loved her character. And dig that kind of romantic interest personally. Smart, witty, fun, a touch of spontenaity.

4. logic88

logic88 Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Land Of...
    Yeah, who wouldn't fall for that character?

Then again, that was one of the criticisms that I've read, that the character is yet another "Manic Pixie Dream Girl".

5. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    They do exist in real life. :p

Which others do we know of in TV? Lorelai Gilmore?

6. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Just finished S2 yesterday. I was rooting for Dev and Francesca and was bummed when she didn't break off her engagement. But I also thought Dev didn't handle it well and potentially made her decision easier by acting like a jerk when she was clearly in emotional turmoil over what to do.

I have no idea what the final shot of them in bed was supposed to be. And it's unclear whether Aziz plans to do another season, so we may never find out.

7. Haps

Haps eh?

Nov 30, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    Man I musta been tired. This totally zoomed by me. I didn't even recognize that it was Francesca. I assumed it was the chick he had met(re-met) a couple eps earlier on the street and interpreted it as him moving on.

Now I've gotta re-watch it.

But I like my ending better(hah). Because I don't know where the show goes if he has a full time love interest.

8. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    To me it seemed like they were showing that she had picked Dev but she was miserable and regretted the decision.

9. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Wow, I really don't see where you got that from. There was just nothing to base that (or pretty much any opinion) on and it very much would not be the tone of the show. Maybe you are revealing your deepest fears :)

10. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The looks on their faces was not happy, like a new couple in love would be.

11. sushikitten

sushikitten Getting Lippy with LipSense TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    She was awake. He was sleeping.

12. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Just rewatched the scene. Youre right it was just her, but she didn't look happy to me.

13. sushikitten

sushikitten Getting Lippy with LipSense TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I read the scene as "hoo boy I hope I made the right decision."

BrettStah likes this.
  14. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    It's funny, I wonder if how you read that scene reflects something about yourself :) I read it as contentment. I just went to watch it again and still see that.