Massive Failure

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by geekspeak, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Apr 6, 2011 #1 of 32
    geekspeak

geekspeak New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    So had a last minute opportunity to go out tonight but not wishing to miss the match, I set it to record over the internet which told me was successful.

Returning home, and switching on Tivo, I was notified of a waiting message. Ah, me thinks perhaps an upgrade and they have finally fixed some of the major bugs.

Well no... "Chan not received - live UEFA Champions Leagu (sic) ... Your online request for Live UEFA Champions League football has been recieved. However this programme COULD NOT be scheduled to record because the TIVO box assumes you do not receive channel cable 0".

Last time I looked, tv XL included ITV.

They cannot really be releasing this to PAYING customers anytime soon are they???? :eek::eek::eek:

2. Apr 6, 2011 #2 of 32
    Zaichik

Zaichik New Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Hell on Earth
    Have you set your region correctly on the online ap? All the regional variations are seen as different channels so you will get this error if your region in the TV guide doesn't match the one received by TiVo.

3. Apr 7, 2011 #3 of 32
    jonphil

jonphil New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Derbyshire, UK
    Is the remote record feature even fixed at the moment?
    I haven't even bothered trying as it's still addressing me as Hello! instead of my name like it used too?
    The mobile version certainly still insists I have no Tivo box

4. Apr 7, 2011 #4 of 32
    Faz

Faz New Member

May 2, 2004
    London, UK
    My region keeps resetting back to unset.
    Record returns a technical glitch message most of the time but eventually gets sent succesfully after several attempts.

5. Apr 7, 2011 #5 of 32
    Zaichik

Zaichik New Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Hell on Earth
    I was reading on the VM forum last night that the web version has been fixed and the mobile version hasn't. Certainly, I still can't set recordings on my mobile because the guide thinks I don't have a TiVo.

6. Apr 7, 2011 #6 of 32
    jonphil

jonphil New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Derbyshire, UK
    Oh I will give it a try, I wasn't even going to try until it was confirmed working.

7. Apr 7, 2011 #7 of 32
    deshepherd

deshepherd New Member

Nov 30, 2000
    Bristol, UK
    Possiblly TiVo are merely following a FIFA directive banning video review as that would undermine the status of referees who miss blatantly obvious decisions!

8. Apr 7, 2011 #8 of 32
    geekspeak

geekspeak New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    I specifically checked that it was supposedly fixed and working, which made it doubly annoying that it failed.

9. Apr 7, 2011 #9 of 32
    OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    The remote recording option was not fixed until this morning.

Not stated anywhere but does seem correct - I was told on the telephone that you must order the recording at leeast one hour before the start of the programme.

10. geekspeak

geekspeak New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Would that have happened on ITV HD?

Is that fix specific to the start time bug? In which case my problem might have been something else?

Although the question was likely not directed at myself, I can confirm that I ordered it AT LEAST TWO hours before the program start.

Just wondering if it can happen again???

11. Plaiter

Plaiter New Member

Feb 1, 2011
    My remote recording on the VM website is also fixed. This is good news. Unfortunately the mobile site is still saying I don't have a Tivo.

12. geekspeak

geekspeak New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Just did a test, scheduling a record an hour in the future for ITV HD. Did not specify a region. 10 minutes later message arrives on Tivo: "this programme COULD NOT be scheduled to record because the Tivo box assumes you do not receive channel cable 0".

13. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Yes. BBC1 and ITV1 are still 'regional'.
    Next time try doing this ;)

14. TCM2007

TCM2007 New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    BBC1 HD isn't regional. It cuts to a test card during regional programming (at least, it does on Freeview).

15. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    It does the same on VM

16. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Sorry, yes. No HD here yet so I keep forgetting about it :eek:

17. Digital Fanatic

Digital Fanatic Virgin Media Staff

Feb 16, 2011
    ITV1 HD is regional though, so you MUST set your region in th TV Guide or it will fail.

18. kmusgrave

kmusgrave New Member

Oct 13, 2000
    Isleworth, UK
    but the local version is always on 101/103 right? So how difficult would it be to book the recordings on those channels. Similarly the HD versions are always on the same channels. They are creating a problem when one doesn't exist :confused:

19. kmusgrave

kmusgrave New Member

Oct 13, 2000
    Isleworth, UK

Why? Its on the same channel number everywhere.

20. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Because it is and always has been.