MARVEL's Agent Carter "Time And Tide" 1/13/2015 S01E03

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Jan 14, 2015.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...

Advertisements

I created an episode thread for the third episode so we can discuss with spoilers. Someone can create a season long spoilers thread next week if the consensus is that we don't want to do episode threads.

When they were underground, the diffusion pattern of Peggy's flashlight reminded me of Captain America's shield.

I thought "He's dead" when the SSR agent transported the captured guy from the boat in the car by himself. I didn't know how but it just seemed odd that he'd transport a prisoner back to HQ alone.

2. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Any guesses who the WOMAN was that bumped and knocked off the cop and witness?

3. Stormspace

Stormspace Electrocuted by TiVo

Apr 13, 2004
    Hartsville, SC
    Black Widow. She has a lot of red in her ledger.

4. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Why do you think that? Just rewatched the scene. There's no indication the assassin was a woman.
    Black Widow wouldn't have been born yet. (Just in case you're actually serious)

5. markp99

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH

Advertisements

Pure speculation based on the PERSON'S build and gestures. :)

6. drjlb

drjlb Member

Feb 2, 2004
    I'm banking on Dotty.

7. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The comic book BW has been around since WWII...

8. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    If the hit person is a woman, that's who I'm guessing. They made a big deal of her introduction for a reason.

9. markp99

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Yep, my guess too!

10. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I'm guessing there'll be some girl on girl fisticuffs soon.

Why is there a two week wait for the next ep?

11. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The State of the Union address is next Tuesday and it looks like that ABC doesn't want to run new programming that night.

12. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Peggy having to apologize for "losing" that "file" was almost too painful for me to watch.

13. Stormspace

Apr 13, 2004
    Hartsville, SC
    What he said. BW was given the Russian equivalent of the Super Soldier serum. She ages slowly as a result. If it is BW however I doubt they would have the budget to get Scarlett Johansson on the show, so Dotty = BW?

Edit: Just found this. "U.S.S.R.'s "Black Widow Ops" program" so maybe Dotty is "a" Black Widow, just not the current one.

14. AeneaGames

AeneaGames Member

May 2, 2009
    Or it could have been Angie, we know she can do the fighting choreography. Then again, so can Dottie. Hmmmmm.

15. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast
    Executioner (Lupa Lupoff), as Dottie at present.
    • Russian/Soviet, spy/killer
    • Perfect foe for the Agent Carter era.
    • Uses pistols
    • Substitute Agent Carter for 50's Cap/Bucky foe
    • Substitute Stark's "bad babies" for the Atomic Cannon (or that could still happen if/when Agent Carter moves into the 50's.)
    Do they really need to beat up Carter's pysche any more by turning Angie into a villian/foe? I mean sheesh, she's lost her love, lost her roomate, never had much respect from her current peers, and lost what little she did have with the file ruse, AND inadvertently got one of her coworkers killed. I think that's plenty.

IF Angie were to end up being a character from the Marvel Universe it seems at least somewhat plausible she could end up being an adaptation of the Betsy Ross (Golden Girl) character.

16. Jagman_sl

Jagman_sl New Member

Mar 14, 2001
    Jacksonville...
    I didn't even recognize Bridget Regan as Dottie. I don't think the blonde hair is as becoming on her as the dark and it totally changed her look for me. Of course, I haven't seen her in anything since Legend of the Seeker, so this one is on me.

17. Stormspace

Apr 13, 2004
    Hartsville, SC
    Went back and looked at the scene. The killer was wearing heels. Not high heels, but definitely more heel than a man would wear. The outfit also looked too bulky for the figure moving underneath the clothing. Thinking large shoulder pads and stuff. I also think I noticed a bun under the hat the killer was wearing.

18. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    I'll accept the woman killer thing, but what occurred to me was it might be Daniel Whitehall. It would tie Agent Carter to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

19. Jagman_sl

Jagman_sl New Member

Mar 14, 2001
    Jacksonville...
    Yeah, I think they're waiting for a big reveal later, but I've never really seen a woman pull off "man" before. There's just something very different about the way both sexes move.

20. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I'd buy a woman killer, but I'm just not seeing what you guys are seeing. I even thought of that possibility when the assassin got out of the car. I'll admit I could be completely wrong though.

I did think right away that of the possibility that the apartment building she's living in could be a front for a Hydra recruiting facility for women. Or some other bad female thing.