Manual recording days?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rbienstock, Jul 13, 2007.

1. rbienstock

rbienstock Member

May 8, 2007

Advertisements

When setting up a repeating manual recording, you can select individual days, All Days and M-F. Is it possible to set up a recording for multiple single days (e.g., every Tuesday and Thursday)? If not, and I set up two separate manual recordings (one for Tuesday and one for Thursday), will they get put in the same folder (it is the same show) or in separate folders for each day? Also, how would one set up a repeating manual recording for a M-F show that starts in the early hours of the morning (i.e., at 1:00 am) and would therefore air on Tu-Sat, not M-F? FYI, I'm trying to set up a manual recording to skip multiple airings of Conan O'Brian which my local station airs at 3:30 am every day. These are different from the main 12:35 episode and are repeats of older shows I don't want to see. So I want a manual recording that will only catch the 12:35 airing.

2. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Looks like you would have to set up five seperate recordings, and they would be in seperate folders.

There is one thing you could try. Do you have a single tuner Tivo. If so, set up a Season Pass for Conan. Then set up a manual recording at 3:30 a.m., on a differnet channel, for 10 minutes, option keep-only-one. Then give this a higher priority in season pass manager. This should keep the other Conan from recording, and will only waste 10 minutes record time and one entry in NP list. If you have dual-tuner, you have to do two.

3. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    For me, multiple manual repeating recordings show up in the same folder, if the program is on the same channel and/or has the same name.

4. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    I have four manual recordings for The Daily Show (Mon-Thurs) and they all go in the same folder.

For your Conan recordings you'll want manual recordings for Tuesday through Saturday.

5. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse

Advertisements

Multiple manual recordings would only go into separate folders if there were no guide data. As long as there is guide data, any recordings with the same title, regardless of what channel it was recorded from, would go in to a single folder as others have already mentioned.

6. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Yup! I tried it and was surprised, but it's true. Could have sworn it worked differenetly for me before.