1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manifest S01E03 "Turbulence" 10/8/2018 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DevdogAZ, Oct 10, 2018.

1. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    What is the motivation of the NSA guy? Is he really trying to uncover what's going on or is he trying to cover things up and keep others from finding out what's going on? What did they do with the body of the murdered lady?

What is the marker that the researcher found in hers and Cal's blood? I'm assuming all of the passengers have it.

I'm surprised we haven't seen the guy Grace was dating before her husband came back. I know we've seen her texting and calling him, but I can't imagine he just completely disappears out of her life like that.

I noticed during the scene when she was chasing that lady through the subway area, they ran past a clock that said 8:28. :rolleyes:

2. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 26, 2017
    Elizabeth, CO
    Another note on the numbers, in a shot of the plane on the runway it was on runway 28..

3. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    So was the marker in the blood something they got while gone, or did the government do it when they gave them "vitamins?" Does it have something to do with their ability to receive messages from wherever?

To me it made sense for them to want to examine the body and see if there's anything unusual there, but why not just go to the family and ask to be allowed to do it? If they said no, then they could probably insist.

4. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 26, 2017
    Elizabeth, CO
    The way the NSA is handling this really smells of being involved/coverup. I am definitely getting interested to see how this plays out

5. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I noticed the clock as well. So I do think that number is going to play into this much more than some of us hoped. Play that in the pick three lottery perhaps?

I still think there's a lot to suss out. We aren't sure of the government's involvement yet..more to follow.

6. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Would the investigation be under the umbrella of the NSA or did they just pick a three letter gubmint organization that most people know little about.

I guess August 28th is going to play a prominent role somehow. Or some really, relly fat person. :p

LlamaLarry likes this.
  7. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    My guess is that in hypothetical IRL it would be either FBI because it's their job or the National Bureau of Standards because they might have someone who would have a clue. I'm sure the reason they picked NSA for the show is because it is well known as the most secret organization that people would actually recognize.

8. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Or maybe the NTSB, since they investigate airline accidents. This wasn't exactly an accident, but it was something odd involving an airplane and NTSB would be best equipped to investigate that.

ej42137 likes this.
  9. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Too obvious.

10. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I'm not. There seems to be something alien or supernatural going on, and Grace's new guy appears to be at the center based on the son drawing a shadow for the boyfriend in the family picture.

stellie93 likes this.
  11. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm not sure the shadow was supposed to depict the unknown boyfriend. It might be depicting something that is now attached to those who were on the flight.

verdugan likes this.
  12. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Maybe, but wouldn't there have been two shadows?

13. danielhart

danielhart Nerp Nerp

Apr 27, 2004
    Haven't watched ep4 yet so was reading this thread instead, mainly to see how much interest/buzz this show is getting.

Ftr I'm definitely drawn to it although I'm not totally sure I really like it yet. Part of it is probably due to my innate bias against broadcast network scripted shows.

Anyways the 8:28 reference doesn't jump....

lol oh wait that's flight number right? and I kinda want to delete this post now lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk