Manifest - Connecting Flights - * Spoilers *

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Tony_T, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Dirk Gently - Everything is Connected ;)

And...
    upload_2018-10-23_21-39-57.jpeg

aaronwt and stellie93 like this.
  2. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Well, the kid seems really connected. He’s the only one who saw anything on that flight? Why hasn’t he told dad?

I’m really not interested in the secondary characters’ backstories here. I get it, some people moved on, they didn’t know. I really don’t need to know the intimate details of that.

Big discovery in 2 weeks, it looks like. But, will it get us any closer to solving the mystery?

3. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I don't mind the backstory, I'm sure there would be people on here complaining we don't know anything about these characters, why shouldn't we be invested? And if we solve the mystery? Series over? They need to move kind of slowly. The unfortunate part, is that I'm not really sure I care about the characters all that much after seeing the backstory. But I think some of it, like the connection to the twin girl and mom's boyfriend is going to have some play here. Her twin brother is now younger than her, and she grew up without her dad, so there's going to be something there.

4. crazywater

crazywater USS TiVo NCC-1780

Mar 7, 2001
    USA
    Because important information is never shared on shows like this which is what I hate about these kind of shows. And I also agree that the mystery is the only reason we watch and the backstories of all of the characters are interesting but shouldn't be the main focus.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I'm not interested in one complicated love triangle, let alone two. Both sets should hook up with threesomes and be done with it.

If you get docked ten days' pay, are you still expected to work those ten days?

RGM1138 and Steveknj like this.
  6. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    In any law enforcement agency or organization I’ve ever known, you definitely would be working those days, but they wouldn’t show up in paycheck.

7. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Yeah, that’s the only family I’m interested in. The rest are so boring, I don’t care about them.

8. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I am pretty sure that the kid will be the key to the whole thing. I'm going to guess it's got to do with his cancer (maybe his treatment before the flight?) and there's something there that the government doesn't want out in the open.

9. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Yeah, they smell Rooskies and aliens in every corner, so they’re paranoid already.

10. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    So was the blue light out the window before or after the turbulence?

11. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Must have been before. Everyone was sleepin’.

But, you’d think the flight crew would notice something that odd, pulling along side.

12. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    It also could mean the turbulence was irrelevant in terms of the time shift. Or maybe the "wake" of what generated the blue light caused the turbulence.

But I'm still finding the voices in the head annoying. "Find Thomas" would be a far better phrase for the voice to send than "Find him". Or "Free the girls" (or their names) instead of "Free them".

It's one thing I always found annoying about Person Of Interest. I understand that space was limited, so they wanted to keep the information load low, so they stuck to the social security number only. But they made such a big deal about not knowing whether that individual was the perpetrator or the victim. Such information would only by one bit more, toggled to a 0 or a 1.

13. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    It can be frustrating as the viewer when it seems like the drama could be easily minimized by simply sharing more information. But that kind of defeats the purpose of the show. The idea is to provide an hour of drama each week and keep the viewer interested. If there isn't any mystery and if the "voice" just gives clear instructions every time, that maybe makes the show a little less frustrating, but also a whole lot less interesting.

14. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    To me, such (stupid) contrivances just show a lack of imagination (and talent) on the part of the writers and/or show-runners...and then I lose interest because I know I can't rely on anything in the future to be well crafted either. So why bother at all?

15. Wil

Wil Senile Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Soap opera. All the dialog and character interaction could be moved intact to a daily 2 pm show. All it needs is that cheap lighting and "live" video look. I'm in for maybe another episode because of the genere, which we're getting very little of.

16. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    I’m starting to feel the same way. I’m not really liking the characters, and unless things pick up, I’m not going to be around for the long haul.

If there’s a conclusion, I’ll tune back in. If it’s canceled, well I won’t have wasted all that time chasing an untamed ornithoid without cause.

17. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    RGM1138 likes this.
  18. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Liked it a bit better this week. Still feels a lot like Lost though.

19. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    While watching this episode, I couldn't help thinking that if my father had to chase me through the abandoned bowels of a train station, he'd have whupped my ass when he caught up with me, right then and there, no matter the explanation or outcome.

kettledrum, Tony_T, stellie93 and 3 others like this.
  20. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I'm losing interest...