Man v. Food Nation (Travel Channel)

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by That Don Guy, May 26, 2011.

1. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Travel Channel's Man v. Food has altered its format - apparently, instead of host Adam Richman doing the challenges, now it will be "ordinary people" and/or celebrities (the hour-long preview show mentioned professional wrestler Jerry Sags of "The Nasty Boys" would be involved in one, and it looked like a couple of Harlem Globetrotters - not sure if these are the two from The Amazing Race or not - would be in another).

Because of this, the title has changed to Man v. Food Nation, and "Man v. Food" season passes are not picking this up.

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the heads up. I wish they'd stop changing the name of this show. This is what, the second change so far?

3. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    You might be thinking of MvF Carnivore Chronicles, which was more of a "clip show" series taken from existing MvF episodes.

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    BTW, I've never seen this show, but was looking through a lot of the netflix streaming stuff earlier, and this is one of the shows that has 3 seasons streaming..

(I have tons of Tivoed stuff to watch, DVDs I haven't watched in quite a while.. and for some reason still browse through the netflix streaming..argh)

5. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Travel channel actually considers it a new series. Think of it like apprentice vs celebrity apprentice.

6. mandms7

mandms7 Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    So are they not doing the regular Man v. Food anymore? It was definitely taking its toll on Adam (host) - he sure had added some pounds the last season.

7. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Seems that way. They spent an hour explaining why Adam was pushing the burden of eating all that food to the general public instead of himself. I get it, but I'm not sure how much I care to see a wrestler who hasn't been relevant for 20 years doing it while Adam 'coaches' him.