Malcolm back to Sundays Jan 29

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by newsposter, Jan 14, 2006.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA

Advertisements

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=7058

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- FOX is sending "Malcolm in the Middle" back to Sundays beginning January 29, where it will take over the 7:00/6:00c slot.

The news, announced via scheduling updates by the network this morning, means tonight's installment ("Bride of Ida") will be the show's last airing in the Friday, 8:30/7:30c half-hour. Repeats of "The Bernie Mac Show" will fill the slot beginning next week.

2. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Does FOX air anything that ever runs over the 7pm Sunday slot?

3. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    Now that the football season is over, they shouldn't have anything else overrun.

4. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Somerset NJ...
    FOX has to be the dumbest network on the air. Of course Malcolm in the Middle is the least watch show. Nobody watches tv friday nights between 8-10PM. You would think after all these years that FOX would have realized that. I would laugh my a** off if the ratings go up dramatically because of the time slot. That would just prove that FOX has no clue what the hell there doing

5. lambertman

lambertman Still not Bertman

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...

Advertisements

Well, what do you suggest they do? Go black?

6. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    They could air second-chances for their shows then.

I'm surprised they haven't tried just a live cam from Times Square -- they could even have commentary by guests about passers-by.

Anyway, it's not that nobody watches, is that they haven't quite yet found a show that is good enough to keep large numbers home to watch on Friday -- like "Dallas" used to do.

7. Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    or they could show movies

8. RobertE

RobertE Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Cleveland, OH
    Sure, people watch Friday 8-10. Just happens to be another network. SG1, SGA & BSG. :)

9. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    it's still weird thinking of people who dont time shift, even with a vcr

plus the people that do time shift very likely will watch more shows than those that dont...minus the ads of course :)

10. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Don't give them ideas, Doug! :eek:

11. Dmon4u

Dmon4u Unresponsive User

Jul 15, 2000
    PA
  12. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I'll miss this one. But it's time. It's still in good form, and they can bring things to a proper close somehow. The rumors of this being the last season by choice have been around since the middle of last season, so it wasn't altogether unexpected.

13. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    PLEASE give us a sit com with NO laugh track as a replacement.

thank you fox

14. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    No surprise that the show is going. Also no surprise that they weren't getting any viewers on Fridays. I've always loved this show and will be sad to see it go, but it had a good run and the kids are getting to the point where they're not believable as teenagers anymore. I really like how much they've filled out Dewey's character over the last few seasons. It would be pretty cool if they could figure out a way to spin off his character into a new show or something. I'd like to see all the stuff that he gets himself into (with his family completely oblivious).

15. jkovach

jkovach TiVoing since 1999!

Feb 17, 2000
    Gilbert, AZ USA
    Dewey in the Middle?