Making the 30 second skip feature instant.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Arglfrey, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Arglfrey

Arglfrey New Member

Mar 18, 2018
    I just purchased a Tivo Roamio OTA VOX and have a question about the 30 second skip feature. On my old DVR (Dish DTV Pal) when you pushed the 30 sec skip button it would instantly move forward 30 seconds (in the same way the 8 second back button does on the TIVO). On the TIVO the 30 second skip fast forwards through the program over a period of seconds (the same way the fast forward button does but automatically stops at 30 seconds). Thus if you wanted to skip 3 minutes of commercials by pressing the skip button 6 times, you still have to wait while it fast forwards thru those 3 minutes. I can see no advantage to this over using the fast forward/play buttons to do the same (actually takes less time to advance 3 minutes using advance 2 or advance 3). Is there a way to convert the Skip button to make it actually jump 30 seconds instantly - the same way the back button jumps back 8 seconds instantly?

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Select>Play>Select>3>0>Select in pretty rapid succession while PLAYING BACK A RECORDING.

Or, just do it with KMTTG.

-KP

timmsc likes this.
  3. Arglfrey

Arglfrey New Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Thanks! Just tried it and it works great. Had an original Gen 1 Phillips Tivo (analog) centuries ago and forgot how much I loved it. Have since gone through a Sony digital DVR and the Dish DTV Pal but missed the TIVO features. Glad to be home!

Mikeguy and kpeters59 like this.
  4. ChetKen

ChetKen New Member

Nov 28, 2019
    I was able to get this remote sequence to work on my BOLT OTA, but it won't work on my Mini. Any thoughts on how to get that to work? Also, what is KMTTG?

5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
  6. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
  7. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA