Major TiVo Premiere Software Update coming 5/18?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by sbiller, May 16, 2011.

1. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
  2. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    Lol. I'll believe it when I see it.

3. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Tivodesign did previously say an update was coming in the next month or so. It has been 6 months so there is a good chance it would be a hefty update.

Now whether or not we will jump to 14.8 or 14.9 or if it will be a major release like 15.0.

There have been the various rumors of other things in the pipeline so who knows what is actually coming or going to make an appearance.

4. TheWGP

TheWGP Hmmm...

Oct 26, 2007
    My bet is on 14.7.1 and fixing a typo buried deep somewhere in a sub-menu selection of an uncommonly used list only available in the SDUI.

:D (firmly tongue in cheek, just to be clear - here's hoping for good stuff!)

Seriously though, I think I DID notice a typo in the menus, or was it Guided Setup, somewhere once... can't remember where it was, but I think it was a plural "s" being added where it shouldn't have been or something like that. I thought about letting Tivo know at the time, but then I laughed out loud at the thought of 2011 Tivo caring about fixing ANYTHING not related to a lawsuit.

5. ducker

ducker New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    MA
    the idea of an up and coming update release is nice to hear... but itsn't making me want to jump on the current offer they have prior to seeing what it does/doesn't fix.

As that was my post, I'll mention that I didn't ask the rep if/when there will be an update, but rather that I was not interested in picking up a Premiere until they fix the outstanding issues on the Premiere.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Hopefully Hulu+ will be in the update as well as other goodies.

7. KenVa

KenVa Member

Aug 31, 2005
    I just got 14.8 today!

8. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Hmm so much for a major update, but maybe it will fix most peoples issues. Of course it could also be a lot of background fixes and framework for future updates.

Hopefully this puts them back on track for monthly updates again.

9. TheWGP

TheWGP Hmmm...

Oct 26, 2007
    Any word on what it does?

10. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Looks to be only the initial rollout so no real idea yet.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=469701

It could be background fixes and tweaks just for general improvement. It could also be framework for future new features. It is still early for the West Coast though so no word from what I have seen from TiVo.

11. DonaldBurns65144

DonaldBurns65144 Member

Jan 10, 2011
    USA
    There's a new settings screen that allows you to select just what you types of things want to display on the HDVI. I opt out of ads and a few other things in the hopes that it would speed up scrolling. But it is still slow jumping down the recorded program list. Maybe if I de-select everything? Got to try that soon. Haven't had time to look for other changes yet.

12. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    There has always been an option screen to tweak the discovery bar with more or less of certain items. Is this what you are talking about or something else?

13. DonaldBurns65144

DonaldBurns65144 Member

Jan 10, 2011
    USA
    Perhaps? Guess I never used it before the update.

14. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    I can't believe that so many times I have got 'updates' for software that I use a lot, and they only mess things up more.
    I just got an update for Yahoo notepad and now it harder to use, and meetup is always 'downgradings' their software taking away features and breaking new things. Even Craigslist has made searching more difficult than before. If even craigslist is messing things up then you KNOW that the end of the world is nigh.
    But I will be optimistic and hope for the best with Tivo update.