Major Remote Problem Help!!!!

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by trr, Jan 25, 2006.

1. trr

trr New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Ok here's the problem. I just bought a new HR 10 250. I currently own a 708 R/17. I was planning to hook both of them up, but found that both remotes are just alike. Each remote works both receivers. Example: Change a channel on one receiver and it changes to the same channel on the other receiver. I called Direct and they said there was no solution. The only thing I could do was put the receivers in separate rooms. Does anyone on the forum have a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a friend who has the same setup, and we are both pulling our hair.

TRR

2. tulip088

tulip088 Feather head

Oct 16, 2001
    northern...
    You need to set the remote address for each receiver/remote. Then each receiver will only "listen" to it's corresponding remote (you may need to label them). See page 115 in your HR 10-250 manual. I'm not sure if the process is the same for the 708 R/17 or not.

-Tulip

3. stivovance

stivovance New Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Chicago
    Also, in addition to the remote address change, you can get the tivo peanut remote that has dvr 1/2 instead of sat/tv on it, sorry, don't know the model of the remote and you can use it for both tivo's, which is what I do instead of 2 remotes laying around, you have one.

4. trr

trr New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Thanks Guys, really appreciate the help. I can not tell you how many times I have told my Wife to "Read the damn instructions". I guess I need to do that to. :D

TRR

5. JorgeGVB

JorgeGVB New Member

Jul 14, 2001
    Virginia...

I'm interested in this if anyone knows the model number or where I can get one, it would be greatly appreciated.

6. Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell New Member

Jul 13, 2002
    Santa Fe
    You can usually find the dual peanut at the TiVo store. That's where I got mine.