Made for Love - HBO MAX - ** Spoilers **

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Tony_T, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017

Advertisements

10 part HBO MAX comedy based on the 2017 novel of the same name by Alissa Nutting staring Cristin Milioti, Billy Magnussen and Ray Romano
    Premiered April 1st

From Wiki:
    A woman escapes from a suffocating 10-year marriage to a tech billionaire, but discovers her husband had her fitted with a high tech tracking device. The monitoring device, which he implanted in her brain, allows him to track her location, watch her live, and know her "emotional data" as she tries to regain her independence.

2. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I've watched all six available episodes and I'm not sure what to say about this show. First, Cristin Milioti is amazing as always. Ray Romano is also fantastic. There is a lot here to like. But I feel like even after six episodes the show is still wandering around a little bit and there are only two left!

I'm completely in for the rest of them, don't get me wrong. It just feels like we should be further along than we are.

3. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Is it 8 episodes? I thought it was at first (Wiki lists 8 (7 & 8 Apr 15th) but then I read on Wiki that 10 were ordered)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  4. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I dunno; what I've seen so far says 8 but it's just internet hearsay. I guess we'll find out!

5. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

I think it's pretty good, but not great. The tech billionaire reminds of the character who owned Hooli on Silicon Valley, just a self absorbed jerk. Ray Romano is creepy and I love it!

6. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It's interesting that when these tech comedies do Google clones, they give them owners who are narcissistic jerks. :D

Steveknj likes this.
  7. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Watched the first couple Eps this weekend. Some funny moments, high production values, strong actors. We'll ride this one 'til the end.

Love Ray Romano.

8. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I watched four as I love Cristin Milioti. She was so good in Mythic quest and Pam Springs. But here, the story is not going anywhere. I'll keep going only for her.

9. jdfs

jdfs Unspecial Member

Oct 21, 2002
    I thought the ending was abrupt. I wasn't sure if it really was over or another few episodes were left.