Macintosh Users Here's What You Need

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by Archonosx, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Archonosx

Archonosx New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    For Macintosh users here is what you need:
    -A Tivo enabled DVD burner such as my Pioneer 810H.
    -A Macintosh G4 1 Ghz or faster.
    -At least 5 Gb of free hard drive space
    -A free program called MPEG Streamclip 1.3.1 (this program rocks PC users have a few programs that are expensive or don't have the ease of use that this one does)
    -And DVD Studio Pro or you can convert to another format and use iMovie

1.) Record what you like and burn to DVD-RW
    2.) Streamclip commercials out of the program as it automatically joins all .vob files for a given program. You can even open individual programs from a DVD that has several on it. i.e. two episodes of a program per DVD. After editing commercials out with Streamclip demux to m2v and ac3.
    3.) Use DVD Studio Pro to import and burn to DVD.

Now you have a custom DVD without commercials.

ArchonOSX

2. briguymaine

briguymaine Visual Assault Cmdr.

Mar 17, 2004
    Beautiful Maine
    yep, that's a solution. Pricey, complicated, and incredibly tedious, but a solution. Not that I have a better one. I use DVDSP, Streamclip, and FCP daily, most people would never have the patience to learn the process or see it through to completion.

Tivo Tool is the answer if hacking the Tivo were easier for my non-hacker mind to understand. Or Tivo and Apple could just give us a solution that friggin works.

Sorry to be an a**hole! Welcome to the forum.

3. Archonosx

Archonosx New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Thought I would add that the publisher of MPEG Streamclip has published a PC version.

I haven't used it but it would beat anything I found for PC in the shareware and BTW it is free.

Get it now and try it out at:

http://www.squared5.com/

Happy commercial clipping.

Archon