Luther Season 2 on BBC America

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by aforkosh, Sep 25, 2011.

1. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    Note that even though Luther's Season 2 starts on Wednesday on BBC America, the original air date is shown as being in June 2011 (I assume when it originally aired in Britain). Thus, a First Run Only Season Pass will not record any episodes. Adjust accordingly.

Note: It appears that the show is being fit into a 1-hour slot. If it ran almost 1 hour with no commercials in Britain, that means that there is some alteration for BBCA. The first season ran in a 1.35 hour slot. I note that while the first episodes of The Hour also ran in a 1.25 hour slot to accommodate the 1-hour British version, the final episodes also ran in a 1 hour slot. On iTunes, the episodes showed up as running 58 minutes to 1 hour, so it appears something was cut for BBCA.

If the same thing is happening here, I'll pay the $16 to iTunes (and get HD also).

2. JohnDG

JohnDG Member

Oct 28, 2004
    <sigh> They did the same thing to "The Hour," and I imagine they will also chop up "Whitechapel." If you have a cable/satellite provider with VOD, check if these episodes are available free for download. DTV had full versions of "The Hour" on their VOD.

jdg

3. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    BBCA is a terrible channel.

4. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    You know, I was looking forward to "Luther" season 2, and "Whitechapel".

Thanks for the heads-up.

I am assuming here that they are NOT chopping-up Dr. Who, but I have not verified that.

In the last two years, they have left Top Gear alone. And that's something.