Lucifer (Netflix) S4E2 "Somebody's Been Reading Dante's Inferno"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, May 7, 2019.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Discussion thread for Lucifer on Netflix. This is the S4E2 thread, "Somebody's Been Reading Dante's Inferno".

2. pgogborn

pgogborn Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2002
    I always enjoy a good hell painting however briefly it passes by.

Presumably the priest is going to tell Lucifer that Chloe is unknowingly part of his father's plan, I can not even begin to guess what his motive is.

3. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I love how quickly Chloe got over this and told him nope. I was expecting them to drag this out much longer!

jeetkunedo likes this.
  4. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Agree. Like the speed it's moving (so far, at least). So irritating when dramas stretch out obvious conflict for episode after episode. One of the things I always enjoyed about Justified was a major plot point could come up, and by the end of that episode, it was resolved.

It's not surprising that someone who openly acknowledges he's the devil has come to the attention of the church. Makes you wonder what the exorcism would have been like (or might be like... 8 episodes left!).

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    What the priest is telling Chloe doesn't really make sense. You exorcise somebody to get a demon out of them...but the priest knows this is the actual Lucifer, not a possessed human.

There's obviously more to him than we've seen so far...I wonder if he's even a priest?

jeetkunedo likes this.
  6. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Are you saying that he's really a Scottish War Chief?

I'm also glad that they didn't drag out the "will Chloe betray Lucifer or not" drama.

And yikes, Dr. Linda is pregnant???
    Does that require "Dad" coming down and having a chat with Amenadial?

7. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I surprised they didn't even utter the word "nephilim", but I guess that in this show's mythology such children are not supposed to be possible...