Lucifer (Netflix) S4E10 "Who's da New King of Hell?"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, May 10, 2019.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Discussion thread for Lucifer on Netflix. This is the S4E10 thread, "Who's da New King of Hell?". Season Finale.

2. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Member

Jul 24, 2006
    This has been my favorite season of Lucifer so far. There had better be a season 5.

lynncosbm and aaronwt like this.
  3. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    That throne he was on at the end looked like some prime real estate. Lucifer should get Amenadiel to go to Heaven and sell timeshares in Hell. Let the angels who are bored in Heaven rotate down to be King of Hell for a month. If they could get eleven angels interested, Lucifer would only have to spend one month a year in Hell.

4. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    That last scene was depressing...

No wonder Lucifer wanted to take a lengthy vacation from hell.

aaronwt likes this.
  5. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    If ever there was a show that deserves a Seaaon thread... :)

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I finished up the season on Saturday night. I enjoyed it. I hope that Netflix renews it for a fifth season!

7. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I swear we waited 4 seasons to get Chloe to admit how she feels and he leaves lol. Nope, they best be back for season 5. Also sad for Maze.

8. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    That would have been an interesting set of headlines/news stories the next day just from the "go home" command fallout. "Dozens of bodies with stab wounds and no blood anywhere found at The Mayan"

--Carlos V.

9. pgogborn

pgogborn Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2002

I wanted another season but if Season 3 had been the last I would have been content with the final episode.

If this is the final episode I will be very discontented.

jeetkunedo, aaronwt and photoshopgrl like this.
  10. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    It looks like we don't have to worry, apparently it's set to return and will have a time jump. Not sure how I feel about that but I have faith they'll work it out.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    That's just fan speculation...it says in the article that Netflix hasn't decided yet.

12. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Oh that's what I get for skimming headlines. Reading is fundamental Cristina! :eek:

jeetkunedo and Rob Helmerichs like this.
  13. ACoolDude

ACoolDude Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2001
    Pittsburgh,...
    Maybe I missed it, but back in S4:E5 at the end, Lucifer slips with the knife and hits a finger while Eve is there, and he says he is only vulnerable when the detective is around - was that just something that was there to play into Eve's jealousy? or did something more come out of it? Originally I thought he actually cut himself as he reacted as if he was, but Eve couldn't find any marks - but if he is not vulnerable, why the "I just cut myself" reaction?

14. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    It's been a while, but I seem to recall thinking at the time that Lucifer was pretending that Eve made him vulnerable too in order to make her feel better about herself...(in that she had the same effect on Lucifer as Chloe did)

15. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I don't think that's quite right.

Lucifer may not suffer physical injury like we do but he still reacts and suffers temporary injury.
    Remember that he got shot in the head earlier in the season by the thug in the car.
    He fell to the ground and was stunned for a moment but shook it off.

He may not have cut the skin but he felt the impact and probably reacted to that.

aaronwt and photoshopgrl like this.
  16. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Finished! I'm the world's slowest Netflix binger.

Great season. While Eve started to wear out her welcome (for me), they did a nice job of bringing her story line to a close in E10. Those scenes with Lucifer & Chloe at the end... finally! Lauren German did a great job in those final scenes. She tends to be a subtle, quiet actor, but she knocked it out of the park at the end.

I've read where Lucifer was a success for Netflix. If so, let's hope S5 gets announced soon.

lynncosbm and photoshopgrl like this.
  17. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Good interview with the co-showrunners.

Lucifer Bosses Talk Renewal Timeline, Their (Many) Favorite Season 4 Scenes and Saving Up to Go 'Full Devil'

Renewal discussion...

TVLINE | Speaking of renewal, how does it work in Netflix-land? Do they give you any kind of a timetable for when they’ll let you know by? Or you just don’t know?
    ILDY | They’ll hopefully let us know within a month [by June 8]. That tends to be how they do things with first-season shows, that they will hopefully let everyone know within a month. The bingeing and all the fan support helps with that.
    JOE | To that point, the fan support is super-important, and in particular the [first] month is going to be crucial towards whether or not we get a Season 5, because they are paying attention.

photoshopgrl likes this.
  18. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    According to TVLine Lucifer is renewed for a 5th and final season!

lynncosbm, aaronwt, jasrub and 3 others like this.
  19. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    I like Elis' reaction. "I'll see you in Hell!"

--Carlos V.

photoshopgrl likes this.
  20. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Renewed for season 5.