Lowest price for bonded MoCA 2.0 adapters?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by cambot, Nov 21, 2017.

1. cambot

cambot New Member

Nov 21, 2017
    I'm looking for the lowest price on bonded MoCA 2.0 adapters than can reach 1 Gbps, planning to buy 4 of them. The lowest I found so far are the Yitong bonded moca 2.0 adapters on eBay and coaxifi.com for about $61-$63 a piece. No one on Amazon has them in stock so far. Has anyone come across a lower price? I've tried Actiontec and Netgear in the distant past and wasn't impressed.

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
  3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    p.s. Oh, also, "Kiwee Broadband" is the new brand name for the adapters previously marketed under the "Yitong" label. (h/t @sakaike)

edit: ... oh, and the previous Yitong-branded adapters were not bonded/extended MoCA 2.0 (800+Mbps); they were standard MoCA 2.0 (400+Mbps). And we're still waiting for any MoCA 2.5 devices to materialize.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    sakaike likes this.
  4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
  5. cambot

cambot New Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Thanks! I did some Googling and contacted a few resellers, and found out the following:

• The new Yitong bonded MoCA 2.0 model is YTMC-51N1-M2B, the PHY rate is 1400 Mbps and the MAC rate is 1000 Mbps, so it appears to be legitimately gigabit
    • Kiwee Broadband is just a new Amazon reseller, not even an OEM (you can see that the "Yitong" brand label was whited out on their Amazon listing, probably with MS Paint)
    • Yitong still has branded models, but might not be offering them direct to consumer anymore (just B2B via Alibaba etc.)
    The product page at Coaxifi | Extend Wi-Fi over your home's cabling has Yitong's product specs and manual. Yitong apparently also made a bonded MoCA 2.0 gigabit adapter with 2 Ethernet ports and 802.11ac WiFi but there aren't any reviews so far.

$57.99 per unit looks a good deal cheaper than Actiontec right now so I'll probably order from this option.

sakaike and krkaufman like this.