Low signal strength

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by wille, Nov 8, 2020.

1. wille

wille New Member

Sep 18, 2005

Advertisements

I have a Tivo Bolt. My signal strength is 67, causing pixilation on a number of stations. What should I try in order to improve/fix this? Do I start with replacing the splitter? Thank you!

2. aspexil

aspexil Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Are you on OTA or cable card?

3. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Active Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Have you always had this problem? More info would be helpful.

-Your cable service
    -Your connection (MoCa, Cable and Ethernet or Cable and Wi-Fi)

Did you ever have a DVR from your cable company to compare it (signal strenth) to?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    67 is NOT low signal; anything over 42 is usually just fine for perfect picture on a Bolt, PROVIDED, however, that there are no other problems with the signal, such as high noise or multipath issues. If you are having problems at 67%, you need to fix the other issues in your signal, not the strength.

kpeters59 likes this.
  5. wille

wille New Member

Sep 18, 2005

Advertisements

I hooked the Bolt up 4 years ago, so I don't recall all the details requested above. It is Cable hookup. It does have a Cable Card. I have not compared it to other DVRs, as this is the only one that I have used. I have Frontier Communications service. Everything worked well until a week ago and several channels started pixelating. The other 90% of the channels are fine. I also have a Mini and have the same pixelation with it.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  6. wille

wille New Member

Sep 18, 2005
    Frontier checked it and said the router is bad and they are sending a new one. Thanks for the above help.