Low Audio after TiVO to TiVo Transfer

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by pzoba, Jan 11, 2006.

1. pzoba

pzoba New Member

May 25, 2004
    Washington...
    I searched the forums but could not find any dialog on this - sorry if I missed it.

I tend to record shows on our Master BedRoom (MBR) TiVO and then we watch them on our Den TiVO after the kids go to bed. For some reason, after we transfer the show from the MBR to the Den, the volume is far too low and we have to crank it up to hear the program.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thank you!

Both are Series 2 TiVO's connected via USB/Cat 5 Home Network

2. pzoba

pzoba New Member

May 25, 2004
    Washington...
    So, based on the complete lack of responses, I guess this is a pretty unusual problem and no one else is experiencing it, huh? Maybe it's something I am doing wrong somewhere...

3. Thorin_Blade

Thorin_Blade New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    California
    I'm having the same issue when I transfer from my series 2 to my dual tuner TiVo. Any new reports of this issue??

4. PromisedPlanet

PromisedPlanet New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    I'm experiencing the same thing when I transfer recordings from one Series 2 DVR to another.

5. Dr_Zoidberg

Dr_Zoidberg Member

Jan 4, 2004
    On the PC TTG transfer, there is an option for audio volume correction, IIRC. In Toast 8 on the Macs, I don't see that option.

I had the same issue when I was using the PC.

6. markandjenn

markandjenn Member

Sep 21, 2003
    South Florida
    I have the same issue I use a cable box and when the power goes out, the volume resets itself. If the volume level of the cable box in one room is different than the other (or there is a cable box in one room and not the other), you may need to adjust the volume on the cable box.

Hope this helps.

7. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    It could be either box is set to different audio levels. I know that is the case with me. One receiver is set for "Hi-Fi" audio, the other for "TV" audio, and I do get audio inconsistencies.