Love, Victor Season 1 * SPOILERS *

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by PJO1966, Jul 1, 2020 at 12:43 AM.

1. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Did anyone else watch this? It was a spin-off from the movie Love, Simon.

I really enjoyed it, and looked forward to each new episode. I think it was a fairly real depiction of how brutal coming out can be. I wished they hadn't gone with the trope of him being interrupted from telling Mia, and then having her find out the hard way. I am glad he took Simon's advice and just told his parents, even though it wasn't a good time.

I think my favorite episode was his trip to NYC to meet Simon. Meeting your "tribe" for the first time, even if you're not entirely ready, is powerful stuff. The way Simon's boyfriend and roommates all came together to help Victor warmed my heart.

I truly hope there will be a season two.

randyb359 likes this.
  2. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
  3. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Somerset NJ...
    I saw it and I love it. This could be why so many people like it. I'm kind of a trend setter. I think the 30minute episodes are better than some of the long drawn out hour drama shows. I like the pacing of this show.

In the first episode I believe he said he doesn't know who he likes. I was hoping the show would have let him figured out which sex he prefers for just a little bit longer. I guess he "tried" both sexes and prefer men instead of women. It could be very confusing if you're a bisexual. I mean how do you choose? It could be a blessing or a curse. If you labeled yourself a bisexual by definition does that mean you still trying to "figure it out?" How does one decide?:confused: