Love kmttg on Windows! But Linux....

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by kevo777, May 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kevo777

kevo777 My TiVo Gets Me

Oct 22, 2007
    Plano, TX

Advertisements

I've used kmttg on Windows and it's brilliant! Thank you to so very much to moyekj for the hard work and dedication! I've switched back to Linux recently and have been trying to get it going but am running into a Java issue (maybe a user error). I've read through the Linux installation instructions (kmttg / Wiki / linux_installation). I've downloaded the most recent Oracle Java version and installed it /usr/java/. When kmttg wouldn't start, giving "Java not found" message I installed it in my home directory /home/myname/java/. That didn't work either so I finally installed Java in /home/myname/kmttg/java/ and that didn't work either. I can't seem to find anything online that shows exactly where the ideal install location of Java is that kmttg will like. I feel like I'm close. Any thoughts?

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    You either need to have java as part of your shell $PATH variable such that "which java" command returns the proper path to Java, or you need to edit the "kmttg" shell script to put the full path to Java in there. The shipped script is:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    DIRNAME=`dirname "$0"`
    java -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -jar "$DIRNAME/kmttg.jar" $@

The last line "java" is without a full path thus expects to be in your $PATH. You can substitute for full path to wherever your java executable actually resides, perhaps something like /usr/java/bin/java

kevo777 likes this.
  3. kevo777

kevo777 My TiVo Gets Me

Oct 22, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Thank you! Oracle's install instructions did not make this clear. I suppose it's a "goes without saying" thing. Apologies for the noob/amateur question. I will gladly donate $$$ to your efforts if available somewhere.