Love is Blind- Netflix

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tivoknucklehead, Feb 26, 2020.

1. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    #1 show this week on Netflix, surprised there is no thread. this show is crazier than the Bachelor, couples getting engaged without seeing each other and weddings within a month.

the fight between the black couple was pretty epic when he failed to tell her he was bi before he proposed :)

I've watched 8 of the 9 episodes, the weddings episode drops Thursday

cwerdna likes this.
  2. tigercat74

tigercat74 Lets go Bengals!!!!!

Aug 7, 2004
    Powell, TN
    Howard Stern has been talking about it. He loves it.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Is it comparable to Married at First Sight? I watched season 1 of that.

4. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    not exactly. in that show I think the couples were paired by experts. Here, they talk to others behind closed doors and develop an emotional bond, and only then do they get engaged, and then they see each other for the first time AFTER they are engaged. sounds insane and it kinda is, but you root for some of them and others you are like no way they will go through with it

cwerdna likes this.
  5. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    also first reality show I've ever seen rated TV-MA. Hilarious to see F bombs being dropped during inevitable squabbles, not used to that on reality shows

cwerdna likes this.
  6. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    I only predicted 3 of the 5 results of marriage or break ups. Was filmed in 2018 so reunion show next week will be interesting

7. Mar 1, 2020 #7 of 12
    jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Fun fact regarding the number of proposals:

So there were a total of 15 men and 15 women. Apparently the producers expected about 1 or 2 proposals, but just in case, planned on a maximum of 5 proposals. But there ended up being a total of 8 proposals! So the producers told two of the couples they wouldn't be continuing, even though they proposed, leaving us with the six we saw.

cwerdna likes this.
  8. Mar 1, 2020 #8 of 12
    cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Would you say the show is better than at least the 1st season of Married at First Sight?

9. Mar 2, 2020 #9 of 12
    tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    sorry, I did not watch Married at First sight, but enjoyed Love is Blind. it is the #1 netflix show so many agree with me

10. pdhenry

pdhenry Recumbent

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Maybe he didn't say it to her, but he said it in the pods to someone. I've been thinking about rewatching the first couple of episodes.

I rewatched Ep 1. He's shown discussing his sexual history in the confessional but he never mentions it to her. The confessional clip is shown in one of the pod meetings when he could have brought it up.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  11. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    I'd been too busy and way behind but I finally finished the show last night.

I saw that Jessica was going back and forth but when she went up to the altar smiling and then kissed Mark too early, I thought she'd made up her mind to say yes. I was shocked by her saying no.

I also was shocked (but not incredible surprised) about Damian saying no. What surprised me is to hear they're back to dating each other again.

Kelly saying no was also shocking but 'Love Is Blind' Couples Now - Who's Still Together In 2020? claims
    15 surprising things you didn't know about Netflix's 'Love Is Blind' had some interesting tidbits.

I had no idea that:
    I was puzzled when they in Mexico were talking about going to Atlanta and was also concerned about them being split physically afterward/being unable to go back to work for a few more weeks. But, the above makes sense now.

I also didn't know that there were this many people:
    But yeah, if you rewatch ep 1, you do see more people who dropped off/weren't featured.

Is crazy to know that the show was originally taped in 2018.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  12. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Interesting.. while reading 'Love Is Blind' creator on all that altar-dumping in the season finale, I looked up SHOWS - Kinetic Content and found that they were also behind Married at First Sight. Apparently, Chris Coelen (their CEO and founder) was behind Wife Swap at a previous company. I did watch numerous eps of Wife Swap in the past...

In the middle of watching the clip from Ellen and ET clips at ‘Love Is Blind’ Stars Reveal They’ve Known Each Other for 10 Years right now. Wondering if watchers here had already seen them? They're from March.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020