Love in the Wild - Season One [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Waldorf, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Waldorf

Waldorf Super Duper Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Didn't see a thread so thought I would start one. Pretty decent so far for some mindless summer fun... Some thoughts:

The shots of Costa Rica in HD are amazing.

Jason's irrational fear of ants was pretty funny.

Seems like half the cast is from Phoenix/Scottsdale.

Looking forward to future challenges but I don't know if this show has the viewership to warrant separate episode threads.

Edited to add: If you're wondering if you would like this show, my wife says this seems a mixture of Paradise Hotel and Temptation Island if you remember those. Also, changed title to be for the full season instead of only the first episode.

2. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    I think it's going to be a fun guilty pleasure. I liked the first episode enough to tune in again and I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that (which means it's truly a guilty pleasure).

3. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    The tribal council was interesting. Definitely some strategy involved. If someone picks you, it would be in your best interest to accept. Otherwise you might be sitting out.

Kinda funny that the girl that picked first went home. She had some intense eyes.

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I like a lot of reality shows, but thought this one was fairly boring. Still, I'll give it at least a few more, it being summer with fewer new shows on.. (I think I'm slowly actually eating into the accumulated recordings..)

5. Jul 1, 2011 #5 of 14
    jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I love how there was the one girl who was from San Fran and said there were no single guys in San Fran, and then two of the guys were from San Fran. LOL!

6. Jul 6, 2011 #6 of 14
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Just watched online. We love these kinds of shows. So interesting watching people make fools of themselves in the name of love.

The stand out was Vanessa and Steele. She's clingy, he's a playa. And of course the obnoxious guy that thinks his personality, though abrasive, should be appreciated.

I swear I've seen some of these people before.

7. Jul 7, 2011 #7 of 14
    omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming
    It should be renamed "Being fickle in the wild"

8. Jul 7, 2011 #8 of 14
    andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Peter is an idiot.

9. Jul 7, 2011 #9 of 14
    Waldorf

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Aw, man... he took an (ill-advised) chance on love! Can't fault him for that.

Also, should we discuss last night's in this thread or start a new one? I think I can change the title to full season spoilers since there doesn't seem to be many of us watching. :)

Edit: Updated title.

10. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Exactly.

And that is why I am digging this show.

Winning the game should be the primary focus, but they get all silly with 'love'.

11. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    "Both" who picks both?

Pretty funny stuff.

12. omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming
    I thought it was kind of weird censoring that they blurred out the one girls bikini bottom because it got sucked into her butt when wet.

13. Waldorf

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Too bad for Miles there was so much swimming in the finale. I think they did a pretty good job editing to make it look like it was a foot-race to the end. However, when Samantha and Mike got to the finish, there were several wide shots where Miles and.. Heather? were nowhere in sight.

I read they are casting for season 2 so it must not have done too terribly in ratings.

14. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    When they were in the lake at the same time, one team was all surrounded by fog, and the other was clear? I even rewound a bit to look at that again.. I don't think they were editing together footage from long apart, but it looked weird.