Love Bites

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jschuur, Jun 12, 2011.

1. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    I'm really liking the format of this show. It's quirky and funny, and with the vignette nature, we get a couple of recognize guest actors every week. I hadn't seen Michelle Trachtenberg in ages e.g..

Unfortunately, the ratings are not good at all.

2. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I agree. Both episodes have been very entertaining. I hope it sticks around.

3. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    It's funny I wasn't aware of how they were running the show at all and kept fast forwarding through the part that started with Kurtwood Smith thinking its was a commercial. Then I was like dang, that's a long commercial... oh, wait.

Funny show, hope it sticks too.

4. dwells

dwells Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Birmingham, Al
    Glad to see a thread- we LOVE this show- very entertaining- its a crying shame that its just a summertime burn off series.......

5. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Enjoyed the first episode, but not the second one, so much. Seemed like they were trying to force things too much. Kept wishing for Kurtwood's wife to suddenly turn into "Kitty".

6. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    My wife told me she's really enjoying this one, but based on the horrid ratings, I doubt we'll be seeing much more of this one.

7. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    It's the Constance Zimmer effect. Like Andrea Anders or Paula Marshal she appears to be the kiss of death for shows. Personally, she's why I watch, the show is just kinda blah for me.

8. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    I thought it was funny that from the "sneak peek" to the pilot to the second show there were at least two actress changes. In the sneak peek, the actress that was on My Boys and Harry's Law (as the younger attorney's girlfriend) and was completely replaced and her friend who was on Ugly Betty became pregnant (she was "the virgin" in the sneak peek). Then the wife of the gay couple's neighbor changed from episode one to two (the yoga wife whose husband had the barrista girl fantasy).

In so few episodes, these seem like huge changes.

9. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I don't think the actress for Colleen (the wife) has been changed. I originally thought it was Pamela (Segall) Alden but I think it has been Constance Zimmer in both.

10. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    When the previews for this week aired last week and rewound to look at the scene where they were in the car at the airport and spotted Jennifer Love and it was definitely a different actress driving the car.

Just went and looked at imdb and Pamela Alden has credit for Colleen Rouscher in the episode titled Firsts.

11. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I like this show. Funny, witty, quirky, enough humor to keep me entertained. Like the way the various characters intertwine. The amazing thing is, it's an hour long, in a world dominated by half-hour sitcoms. It's more along the lines of Love American Style, or even Love Boat.

From what I read, it was supposed to air last fall, then this spring. In that time, NBC decided to not pick it up as a show, so what we are seeing is summertime burn off. There is no chance it will be an ongoing series. :(

Which episode is this the thread for?:D
    The pilot was filmed quite some time before the next few episodes. In that time, they lost some actors to other gigs. Not uncommon with pilots that aren't immediately picked up.

12. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Good, nice to know I am not going insane. I have always liked Pamela (Segal) Alden and seeing her in the previews was a big reason I watched the premiere. They do look pretty damn similar though.

13. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    We are liking this show. The pilot was ok, but the next two episodes were a lot better. It's a shame it won't be sticking around. I love the continuity they use with the characters, where on character shows up in the vignette of another story.

Not sure about spoilers in this so I'll spoilerize:

In the second episode where the stripper who was a licensed electrician was on a video playing in the background in Greg Grunberg's house in the gay couple story. I thought that was really cool.

14. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    I still like it, but there is something about it I like that I know most other people will not like.

15. classicX

classicX Don't scream.

May 10, 2006
    Miles away...
    I think the show is hilarious, but my wife thinks it's just OK.

16. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    I ended up watching these out of order I happened to notice another of those. In the third episode
    We see the vignette about the Ninja Vanish; deleting your number from the girl's phone before you leave so she can't call but blames it on technology.
    In the second episode there's a TV on the background with a Dr. Phil type show where a woman is talking about the great guy she met but then her phone deleted his number so she lost her chance with "the one"

17. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I missed that....that's way cool.

This show may be too cool and quirky for a mainstream audience. Shame. Chalk this up to another show Steve likes which guarantees it gets no ratings. I really should try and become a Nielsen family :)