Loud audio popping? Premiere 4

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by igirl, Jun 11, 2015.

1. igirl

igirl Member

Feb 5, 2011
    NorCal

Advertisements

Strangest thing - our P4 started making significant pop and crackle sounds in the audio today. I did a software restart and that didn't help, then unplugged for a while and that didn't help either.

The sound happened no matter where we navigated - live TV, menu, or playback. It was confirmed it could ONLY be the Tivo by swapping HDMI inputs on the TV with our Apple TV inputs - thus changing both the device and cable at the same time. The Apple TV was fine on any input - the Tivo was making popcorn all the way.

After figuring out it was the Tivo for sure, we gave up on trying to use it, left it powered on, and switched to the Apple TV for a couple of hours. Of course now when I went back to the Tivo - it's fine.

Anyone else experience this? :confused:

Can't blame the cablecard or cable line because it was happening even in the menu area with no sound/picture.

It's under extended warranty until December, but it needs to actually stay like this before we can send it in with a claim of malfunction. Then I have the whole issue of getting shows off of it - and another, maybe new one in it's place... :-/