Lots of TIVO News Lately

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by ghuido, May 23, 2011.

1. ghuido

ghuido New Member

May 8, 2007
    Is it just me or does it seem like lately in the past 2 weeks there has been a lot of TIVO news.

- TIVO/Comcast VoD Alliance
    - TIVO Premiere Software Update 14.8
    - TIVO Premiere and Hulu Plus

Usually it's month without nothing. Now it like stuff is pooping. Just IPO.

What could come next?

2. TerpBE

TerpBE Go Terps!

Jan 23, 2003
    Philly 'burbs
    I think this should only count as one thing since I think 14.8's main feature was the addition of Hulu+.

3. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Remote deletion from other Premieres and they also upped the number of things the Tivo can do at the same time with regards to recordings, transfers, downloads, and playback.

4. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Somerset NJ...
    That and the streaming ability. Those are the ony two things that this update brings.

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    What do you mean upped the # of things? Could you give details?

6. rdodolak

rdodolak Member

Dec 17, 2008
  7. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Yeah. Aaronwt posted a thread about it in the premiere forum. It mentions the remote deletion. He also found he was able to download from amazon, transfer a recording to a premiere while also transferring a recording from another premiere, while recording two shows and playing back a third recording. All of this was happening at once on one box.

8. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    You don't know that...

Apparently there are several Networking improvements as well. We won't have a full list until the final release is pushed.

9. Series3Sub

Series3Sub Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Will give TiVO lots to talk and crow about during the Earnings Conference Call set for tomorrow. This convergence of events did not happen by accident.

10. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    And the icons! Don't forget the updated icons.

Seriously, they look way better. Just tonight I realized that circles are actually circular now.

I kinda think that the text and graphics overlay of the "SDUI" is actually rendered in 720p now (as the background has always been), but I've been wrong about that before, so I'm not ready to commit to it.

11. ghuido

ghuido New Member

May 8, 2007
    Yeah, I missed the remote deletion. always a pain to go back to the other TIVO HD in my house to delete what we have transferred. Small Pain but a good add.

Did not know about the earning calls. Well they have positives to talk about now.

12. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    When I checked the transfer history I did notice that the Amazon download was much slower than normal. The transfer history showed around 4mb/s while normally it's over 30mb/s when it's by itself. But the transfers to/from the other TiVos were still over 40mb/s.

Either way this should bode well for streaming content between premieres, if/when they implement it.