Lost

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by coachmo, May 17, 2006.

1. coachmo

coachmo New Member

Sep 6, 2004

Advertisements

BE READY the duration is 1:09. make sure the TIVO is recording the last 10 minutes!!!!

2. gaelan

gaelan New Member

May 16, 2006
    been down that road 1 time too many

3. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    My DirecTiVo lists the duration as 1:04 via TivoWeb.

4. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago

Source?

5. TivoZorro

TivoZorro New Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Pinehurst,...

Advertisements

www.zap2it.com which is Tribune Media Service lists the episode at 64 Minutes. Tribune Media Service is what Tivo uses for its Guide Data.

6. anom

anom Enlightened

Apr 18, 2005
    If people haven't learned to pad Lost by a few minutes by now, they'll never learn.

This board has an entire forum devoted specifically to this kind of warning, btw.

7. Stu_Bee

Stu_Bee New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Silicon...
    I haven't learned yet...but I haven't had an issue yet either.
    Like DougF's, currently my Tivo says it will run 64 minutes.

8. Puppy76

Puppy76 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Are you guys sure? I'm at work and need to get this set up now if it's going to miss some.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm taping Invasion afterwords, so even if Lost is long(er) I'll still get the end. I don't actually LIKE Invasion that much, but I'm sort of honor bound to watch all semi-decent Sci-Fiy shows.

9. BoulderGeek

BoulderGeek TiVo Deserter

Mar 18, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    My Replay and DVArchive list it as 64 minutes.

10. ottomatic

ottomatic New Member

Dec 28, 2005
    thanks for the tip on lost...

PS. Invasion has been cancelled.

11. Puppy76

Puppy76 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Yeah, but it's still on tonight, right?

12. Lukej

Lukej New Member

Apr 27, 2006
    It's a sixty minute show. Yet it always goes over. You'd think by know Jack, Locke and the rest would have realized that the mystery of real time (how much plot they have written for an episode) vs experienced time (the padding ABC always manages) is the real key to what the Dharma initiative is up to.

13. Whittaker

Whittaker Member

Oct 10, 2004
    Last week, beforehand, TiVo indicated Lost running at 1:01, but it went to 1:04. Tonight it’s indicating 1:04, so who knows ?

14. justapixel

justapixel Domestic Extremist Staff Member

Sep 27, 2001
    The Nanny State
    Can somebody on the East Coast please post if it goes over 1:04? That is what my TiVo says too, and if I pad I'll have a conflict. I'll give up a show for Lost if I must, but I don't want to pad if it's not necessary. I'm in CA so I have time to fix it.

Thanks!

15. SonicCookie

SonicCookie Member

Oct 28, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Lost ended at 1:04 on the dot.

16. rickertk

rickertk Not quite new Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Suburban...
    Arrgh! I just went to check on my recording and found to my horror that it hadn't recorded at all due to "The Amazing Race". I'm pretty sure I'd bumped it to higher priority, but something else must have changed. I'm not real wild about watching a whole episode on the computer, but I'm not sure what other option I'm going to have.

Keith

17. justapixel

justapixel Domestic Extremist Staff Member

Sep 27, 2001
    The Nanny State
    Thanks for letting me know, it's a relief. After the 24 west coast fiasco, I was worried.

I'm not crazy about having to watch 24 on my computer either, but thank goodness I can! :up:

18. starbreiz

starbreiz Fangirl

Jan 29, 2005
    Mountain...
    So was the original poster already padding 5 min maybe? My recording is 1:09 because I pad 5 minutes.

19. tbb1226

tbb1226 TiVo Junkie

Sep 16, 2004
    Royal Oak, MI
    I don't understand all this talk about padding by several minutes. We all use the DirecTV TiVo service, right? I have never missed a second of Lost since I started padding it by one minute. That means TiVo has not gotten the duration wrong by more than a minute yet, in my experience.

20. azitnay

azitnay Active Member

Jan 20, 2003
    Washington,...
    "We all use the DirecTV TiVo service" isn't really accurate (I own only standalones, for example), but we all certainly use the TiVo service, DirecTV or not, which gets its guide data from Tribune.

While I find the fact that Lost consistently schedules more than an hour annoying, at least it's relatively accurate... I've never padded, and I've never missed anything.

Drew