TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Lost - "The End" 5/23 series finale (spoilers)

212K views 2K replies 272 participants last post by  Steveknj 
#1 ·
What an awesome episode!!!!!!!

Ok, it actually doesn't start for 1 hour. :)

Here it comes!

#1,951 ·
I know quite a few people going nuts over the This Is Us finale, which is weird for me just because I don't watch it. Better Call Saul is highly anticipated.

What's interesting to me is that Lost was so big culturally but most people have just forgotten that it even existed. Not on TCF of course, but in general.

#1,774 ·
Assuming you mean me, you're missing the point. It's not that someone disagrees with the great ending to Lost. It's that we have to have this argument AGAIN. This thread started in 2010. That means this has to be the *seventh* time (at least) that we have to keep having this fight. I didn't say anything after the first negative post this time - I let a few slide by, but then the pile-on of negativity demanded a reply.

We've had this fight enough already.
FWIW, I agree with everything you said, and I also share your feelings regarding the ending. It would be nice to not need to rehash the same arguments ad nauseam. I can understand the detractor's side and actually my wife and mother were in that camp, but we had our discussion years ago and agreed to disagree. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but an anniversary is supposed to be for celebration. My wife and I never spent our anniversary *****ing about all the things that went wrong during our wedding. We focused on all the good moments because they were worth remembering.

#1,757 ·
I'm not trying to be arrogant, but seriously, why keep following a thread about the ending of a show that you didn't enjoy? Of course people aired both opinions when the ending happened. But it's been many years - why hold on to things you didn't enjoy?

#1,778 ·
I also have to add that in the years since it finished up it's become almost a national past time to crap on the Lost finale and this thread seems to prove it out, for many of us the finale wasn't all we had hoped for, but the last season hit a number of the right notes and we were at peace with the ending being weak because the journey was so strong.

#1,742 ·
And so another year has passed. Seven years we've been Lost. And while one can debate many aspects of the show--the final season, the mysteries both solved and left open, the flashbacks, flashforwards and sideways--it was a series that inspired passion like few others. I know for me personally there has not been a watercooler show like Lost since.

Happy seven!

#1,745 ·
Totally agree. I'd say the closest show to Lost would be Game of Thrones but that show had limited exposure due to being on HBO and the maturity of it. I remember getting excited to find out someone else was watching that show (Lost) and I had a whole new source of opinions to tap into.

#1,818 ·
Has it been eight? Then we must celebrate!

Eight years ago tonight, LOST aired its finale. No show of the modern TV era had more impact. One still sees taglines like "From the producers of Lost" used to promote new shows. Or a scene in Westworld just last week that had people comparing it to the opening scene of S2E1 (Man of Science, Man of Faith). Love it or hate it, it changed the way many of us watched TV.

Happy Anniversary Lost. See you next year!

#1,916 ·
Today marks the tenth anniversary of the finale of Lost. Coming just days after the one year anniversary of Game of Thrones, both shows that left an indelible mark on TV history, and both with oft-debated endings. Love it, like it, hate it, or some combination of all, there is no denying Lost was a hell of a ride.

#1,949 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.