LOST that feeling

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mmilton80, Apr 11, 2011.

1. mmilton80

mmilton80 Custom User Title

Jul 28, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Remember how excited you were about LOST? How people would post throughout the show while it was on TV! We spent so much time speculating and dealing with spoilers that we debating having a pre-episode thread (because we couldn't start the thread until an hour before).

Do we have any shows like that anymore? Or have we LOST that posting feeling? Is it gone....gone....gone? Oh oh oh oh oh.

2. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Nothing interesting has replaced it yet.

3. kcarl75

kcarl75 Active Member

Oct 23, 2002
    Southern NH
    I started Fringe once Lost was over. It's not as good. But It is very good. After about episode 8 or 10 the TiVoCommunity threads started to remind me of the Lost ones.

4. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    This.

5. mmilton80

mmilton80 Custom User Title

Jul 28, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I know. And while I love watching Fringe sometime over the weekend...I liked having something circled on my calender. LOST night. That day at work, we would discuss all of our theories...and the next day we would just talk about the episode (after hitting LOSTpedia, of course). We wanted to start a website reviewing all of the books referenced in lost (LiterallyLost.com - or LiteraryLost.com).

No show now comes close.

Remember those threads! The incessant debates! Waiting for that one guy to post.

While I still contribute to this forum, I do it less excited. Less frequently.

6. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I still look forward to "Survivor Night." It's not Lost, but really entertaining, and a social program for me... I'll get together with family or friends to watch it most episodes. And there's still a pretty healthy interest and posting about it here.

7. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    The only show I look forward to is Justified. But not the anticipation I had for LOST.

Maybe Game of Thrones will be that show.

8. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    We really enjoy a lot of shows, but none even come close to LOST. :(

9. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Fringe and Doctor Who come close for me.

10. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    Fringe for me too

11. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    I'm *glad* we don't have another show like Lost. It's been off the air for a year, and I miss it. It was one of those rare shows that come along once every 5 to 10 years that caught me in the first episode and kept me going until the end. That's a rarity, and that's part of the allure.

I wouldn't mind another show that got me interested in the same way, but when it's a rarity, you treasure those shows more.

Fringe is getting there. It's still extremely up and down. There are other shows I like, but none that I simply must watch live. I don't expect it to happen again for a long while.

Greg

12. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I found Friday Night Lights when searching for something to fill the LOST hole. I had never seen it and whizzed thru the seasons. Once I started I couldn't stop.

But it wasn't LOST.

13. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I miss the show, but I sure don't miss the threads. I had to stop reading them because the rampant smeeking drove me nuts.

I will never ever understand the mindset of "Hmmm...there are 100 posts in this thread already so someone's probably already said what I'm going to say, but rather than read them all I'm just going to jump in and say it again because it will be so much more profound when I say it".

Otherwise known as "I don't have the time to read all of the drivel already posted, but I definitely have the time to bless you all with my pearls of wisdom - you're welcome".

Sorry - forum pet peeve. And before someone asks, yes I do think you should have to read the entire thread (no matter how big it is) before posting in it - it's common courtesy IMO.

14. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    +100

15. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I'm super-excited about Game of Thrones, starting on HBO this weekend. It has lots of intrigue, multiple plots going on, etc... It may not be Lost, but it will sure be exciting.

Plus, there was a recent Twitter fight between Lindelhof and George RR Martin, when Martin said he didn't want to 'pull a Lost' with the ending of his book series. Ha!

16. Mr Flippant

Mr Flippant Regular User

Jan 2, 2009
    I do not know about threads but there are many shows I look forward to as much as LOST. In fact the suspense on Breaking Bad really makes me crave the next episode like no other. I agree LOST was epic in so many ways and nothing has reached its scope to date. Hopefully there will be something to come along and confuse into lengthy threads again sometime soon.

17. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    It would be nice, but I don't have HBO.

18. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Nothing like Lost yet for me. Fringe is the closest. But outside of certain water cooler reality shows, there's not one show on the air that I HAVE to watch the night of air, like LOST was.

19. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I've seen many of the Lost actors as stars or guest stars on current shows, but not Kate, Sawyer or Jack. I wonder what's up with that?

20. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I figured "Sawyer" would be a prime actor for some new pilot and actually, I thought his character might have made a fun spinoff. I've seen Evangeline Lilly doing commercials for some cosmetic company, but not on TV or movies. "Jack" (how quickly we forget the actor's names), has been in various movies during and after Lost.

It is fun seeing the other Losties pop up on other shows now. I've seen Hurley on Mr. Sunshine, and Ben on an Episode of Parenthood.