Lost Some HD Channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Resist, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Recently lost 7 HD channels on my Premiere. Called Charter Cable and had them reinitialize the cablecard, but it didn't help. I tried restarting the Tivo but that also didn't help. I'm leaning towards the Tuning Adapter as being the problem but can't be sure, just hope it's not my Tivo. Either way I have to wait until Monday for Charter to do a truck roll to my house.

Is it possible to get through a year without some sort of cable TV issue? Getting so sick of these type of issues!

2. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    I noticed an interesting thing with my issue. Season passes on the channels I am now missing still record fine. But when I turn to those channels, it's blank and Tivo says it's searching for a signal from the channel. Could my Tivo be the issue and not the Tuning Adapter?

UPDATE: Okay tonight I bypassed the Tuning Adapter and I was still missing the same channels. So now I'm leaning towards the cablecard as the problem, but it's strange that it can still record a Season Pass on the missing channels just fine. If it turns out that the cablecard is good, then that means my Tivo Premiere has to be the issue and the Charter truck roll will cost me $35.

3. evanborkow

evanborkow Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Have you actually watched the recording of a program you couldn't see live?

4. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Yes.

Now out of the blue just a few minutes ago, all my missing channels are working again. Charter Cable hasn't shown up yet, but I'm wondering if they did something down the street outside.

5. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    The Charter Tech showed up and checked the cable line to my TV for noise, which was kind of high. He said when this happens then you can lose higher channels. But even he agreed that it didn't make sense the order of channels that I lost. It also didn't make sense that my Tivo could still record from the missing channels and play them back just fine, yet not be able to view the channel live. He also said that it was possible, if there were other calls for the same problem, that repairs could have been made down the street without his knowledge.

In another room I have another TV and Tivo that uses a different cable line and it never lost any channels.