Lost my Network Connectivity

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jdaniels1982, Feb 2, 2012.

1. jdaniels1982

jdaniels1982 New Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I own a TiVo premier, I was in the middle of watching a film on Netflix when the app suddenly shut down and I was returned to the TiVo central screen. It appeared that my TiVo lost its connection to the Internet. I restarted the TiVo but the same problem continued. The message reads "this TiVo box is connected to the Internet but is having trouble connecting to the TiVo service(N33)."

I have no problem connecting to the Internet in the house and Netflix is streaming just fine onmy iPad.

I tried testing the tivo box connection and it worked, but when I tried to manually force a connection it failed.

Can anyone help? It's after hours in TiVo customer service world :(

Please help

2. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    Same message I'm getting as well

3. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    I've got the same issue. The iPad app is messed up as well.

4. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
    I got the N33 too.
    (There may be a Tivo outage.)

I ran the test connection and passed.
    Tried to Force update and Failed.

Second Try to Force update seems to have worked.
    (But Still have N33)

5. jdaniels1982

jdaniels1982 New Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    At least I'm not alone.....it must be a premier only issue...I have an old series two on another tv and that connected to the TiVo servers no problem. Very odd.

6. duerrs

duerrs New Member

Dec 7, 2011
    same here with both my premiers. Hopefully they are installing a fix for all the problems (not holding my breath)

7. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Not only am I getting the N33, but at Tivo.com everything is blank. That is, for My To Do List, SPM, etc everything is blank for all 3 Tivo's. Also my Android app will not work stating the MAK is invalid. Even Tivo Commander will not work for the same reason. It does state on the Discovery Bar that there is a temporary problem with the Tivo service although I'm not sure if that's a baked in message or something actually coming from Tivo in response to the issue.

8. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
    should take 2-3 hours.....

9. jdaniels1982

jdaniels1982 New Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    TiVo just posted on twitter:
    This was posted a few minutes ago on Tivos twitter account:
    We're aware that some of the TiVo Premiere service features are currently down. We will update you as we learn more. It is being addressed.