Lost most HD channels with Comcast

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Digital Man, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Digital Man

Digital Man Member

Jan 2, 2013

Advertisements

Recently we seem to have lost most but not all of our HD channels with Comcast. We get the V52 or V53 errors indicating it can't find a signal. SD channels still work. This just started happening around the time I got the 20.7.2 update. I've tried restarting and forcing a connection but they didn't help. I did ask Comcast to remove the HD fee since I read here we don't need it with TiVo. However I made that change months ago and it was working fine until very recently. Any suggestions on how I can resolve this? I dread calling Comcast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Check your cable card, is it still paired?

3. Fant

Fant Member

Aug 31, 2016
    I think you need to pay the hd fee to get the hd channels and you just got lucky it wasn't removed earlier?

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    The HD fee hasn't been needed by most Comcast TiVo users to get HD programming. Hopefully Comcast isn't changing that.

Scott

5. davidscarter

davidscarter Active Member

Sep 28, 2015

Advertisements

First thing to try is to call the Comcast cablecard help line (1-877-405-2298) and ask them to re-pair your cablecard. (Don't call the regular Comcast tech support; they will not be able to help.)

6. Digital Man

Digital Man Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Thanks. I did try having Comcast re-pair my cable card and that didn't resolve it. The person I talked to said the errors I was getting were most likely due to physical problems such as bad coax cables or splitters. We haven't changed anything in years but we did move the TV out last week for our window installers so maybe something got damaged. I did notice that the signal strength of channels I can't get is just below 70 and for the channels that work it's above 70. I think I'm going to inspect the cables and then might try running a different coax from the TiVo directly to our incoming feed to see if the problem is in my house or not.

7. Digital Man

Digital Man Member

Jan 2, 2013
    We'll, that was easy. As soon as I moved the TV the picture came back. Turns out one of the coax connections going through my surge suppressor was loose. Thanks everyone!

davidscarter likes this.