Lost Lost

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by programx, Jan 12, 2006.

1. programx

programx TiVo Tamer

Oct 2, 2002
    Isle of Man

Advertisements

TiVo and I have not been getting on well lately. It has been choosing not to record the worst programme ever for cliff hangers and I'll-die-if-i-miss-it episodes.

Last night I checked the To-Do list at about 09.30pm to make sure it had scheduled both the last episodes.

So I start doing other things, and at 10.10pm I noticed it wasn't recoridng anything.

Lo and behold! It had decided to cancel the first episode!

Bizarrely, all episodes are called "Exodus" which can't be right, surely? I'm fairly sure it doesn't use this to identify a repeat but still it had it one minute, and cancelled it the next.

Anyone else seen this?

2. Ian_m

Ian_m Active Member

Jan 9, 2001
    Southampton,...
    Exodus was 3 episodes long, can't remember exactly, having returned the DVD's to their owner.

Ahhhhhhh digging around in TiVoWeb reveals:-

Exodus 1/3
    Rousseau appears in the camp claiming that `The Others' are coming

Exodus 2/3
    The black smoke continues to rise from the jungle and the castaways know they need to get to safety.

Exodus 3/3
    The castaways who make it onto the raft are haunted by `The Others', the remaining survivors try to blast open the hatch, and Rousseau has plans for Claire's baby.

Now all I need is series 2.......

3. blindlemon

blindlemon tivoheaven.co.uk

May 12, 2002
    Malmesbury, UK
    Isn't it repeated anywhere - on E4 maybe?

Failing that, I have a very nice quality Mode 0 recording I haven't seen yet, but could probably do something unmentionable with for the cost of a blank DVD + Postage.... ;)

4. GarySargent

GarySargent New Member

Oct 27, 2000
    W. Yorks, UK
    Yep I just lost the last episode - could swear it was in my ToDo list a few days back.

Repeated on Sunday on both Ch4 and E4.

5. B33K34

B33K34 ENABLED!

Feb 9, 2003
    London

Advertisements

Now i checked early evening that both were in the todo list, which they were, and they recorded fine. Having been away over xmas and finding that remote access to Tivoweb was broken the day i left i think i've missed -
    - some episodes of rome (or possibly just the final one which i think clashed with lost).
    - doctor who (which i'd assumed would be picked up by my old season pass. though maybe i deleted the sp....)

Shameless did get recorded but i assumed they were all repeats and deleted the christmas special and first episode (maybe more - when did the series start?)

6. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    I have that here if anyone else has lost it :)

7. dallardice

dallardice New Member

Oct 14, 2000
    London, UK
    First ep (Christmas Special) on C4 on 3 Jan
    Second ep on E4 on 3 Jan and C4 on 10 Jan
    Third ep on E4 on 10 Jan and will be on C4 on 17 Jan.

Shaping up nicely although there's a bit of a gap where Ann-Marie Duff (the eldest daughter) used to be - not as big as I feared though, broadening the roles of more of the supporting characters (e.g. Kev and Veronica) is working well.

8. ndunlavey

ndunlavey Just a user, really

Jun 4, 2002
    Greenwich
    I had to explicitly record each of the last episodes of Lost separately to make sure I got them. I wish I hadn't bothered though - I wish they'd made it clear it was just another bloody endless soap, rather than a proper serialised story. I can't be arsed with it any more the fiasco of last night's supposed finale.

9. steford

steford New Member

Oct 9, 2002
    I've recorded the whole series manually. Tivo never really wanted to know. No doubt it will pick up every single repeat though when they start :-(

10. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I did a manual record of both episodes - I did not want to chance it to tivo. Nice that tivo is, it seems my internal tivo clock is off by a minute or two and I learned it the hard way.

I could also send a dvd recording if you are interested, let me know. I have to do one for my boss so one more is not a big deal.

11. ndunlavey

Jun 4, 2002
    Greenwich
    More likely that the broadcaster slips the start time. You realise you can set a later end time for a recording?

12. Gavin

Gavin Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Harlow, Essex
    Someone at work got S2 1 to 9 on dixv in absolutley great quality, only problem is we watched them all and the US has then repeated them all so we're waiting for the next ones....

S2 seems to make more of the background stories, and tying together the snippits you see of before they got on the plane so far.

Mind you I saw the cliffhanger / twist over the others and the baby miles off.....

13. programx

programx TiVo Tamer

Oct 2, 2002
    Isle of Man
    Doctor Who was on?

Thanks guys, but I did catch it 15 minutes in and after a few seconds understanding why it taped the entire episode anyway (I was even beginning to think it was recording all he time and my LED had failed) all is now fine.

There can't be a S3? I might get bored of this quicker that the coming of Spring.

14. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    This is rhetorical, right? :)

SCIENCE FICTION SERIES: Doctor Who
    Channel: BBC 1 North 101
    Date: Sunday 25th December 2005
    Time: 19:00 to 20:00 (Already shown)
    Duration: 1 hour.
    The Christmas Invasion.
    Cosmic adventures with the Gallifreyan Timelord, in a Christmas special starring David Tennant as the new Doctor. The Tardis falls to Earth on Christmas Eve, bringing the new Doctor home to Rose's family. But while his regeneration goes wrong, Santa-shaped assassins and deadly Christmas trees herald the approach of a terrible danger from the stars. The Sycorax are coming, and without the Doctor, the human race is helpless.
    Starring: David Tennant, Billie Piper, Camille Coduri, Noel Clarke, Penelope Wilton
    (Widescreen, Subtitles, Audio Described, 3 Star)
    Programme Keywords: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Science Fiction, Family, Drama Series, Sci Fi, Series, Widescreen, Subtitles, Audio Described, 3 Star

Excerpt taken from available from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide. Copyright GipsyMedia Ltd.

15. Gavin

Gavin Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Harlow, Essex
    No it's the odd way the US networks shows things, the show a set of episodes (in this case 1-9) then repeat them again before going on to show 10- ??? of the same series.

At least Sky don't do that (yet!) :cool:

16. =CM=

=CM= UK TiVo fan

Feb 22, 2005
    London
    ABC showed ep 10 of series 2 of Lost on Wednesday, after a month of repeats. I thought the end of series 1 was weak but series 2 has restored my faith in keeping up with Lost. Waiting a year (thanks Chan4! Do keep rubbish like CBB, yea) would lose me Lost...

@Gavin: US scheduling is all about new eps at times when ratings are counted. They seem to keep the audience with recent repeats. Such does not work well on this side of the pond: see how dismal SkyOne ratings are for what is an almost endless repeats channel.

17. ndunlavey

Jun 4, 2002
    Greenwich
    I didn't realise it was on ABC - have they been runnning them in parallel with Ch 4 running the first series?

Does that mean I can just ask a question and have someone tell me what it's about, rather than having to watch the second series?

18. steveroe

steveroe Must do some work...

Oct 29, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Lost series 2 should be on C4/E4 "this spring" according to the trail at the end of series 1

19. steveroe

steveroe Must do some work...

Oct 29, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    US channel ABC, not the ABC carried on Freeview over here :thumbsdown:

20. ndunlavey

Jun 4, 2002
    Greenwich
    Ah, I didn wonder, but since his location said "London" I assumed UK.

Nevertheless, the content exists and has been broadcast, it seems. So, rather than me having to watch another 13 hours (or whatever it was) of it, someone could just tell me the answers?