Lost internet, then My Shows..

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by fareal, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Aug 2, 2011 #1 of 11
    fareal

fareal Member

Feb 16, 2004
    So Cal
    My TiVo Premiere lost its internet connection so I restart it and now all of "My Shows" are gone. Rebooting both the DVR Expander and the TiVo again and crossing my fingers!

EDIT: Guess I should have checked my Ethernet cable, somehow it came just slightly loose. Crazy how your shows aren't listed, I couldn't get to Help to restart, or any of the menus.

2. Aug 3, 2011 #2 of 11
    ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Obviously, you are using the HD menu because that requires the internet connection. To get back to the SD menu and settings, press :thumbsdown::up: pause pause.

3. Aug 3, 2011 #3 of 11
    aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...

I only run the HD menus. My shows are listed whether there is an internet connection or not. Now if there is no connection it won't show a description of the show, but it has never prevented me from seeing a list of shows or playing any of the shows.

4. Aug 3, 2011 #4 of 11
    Am_I_Evil

Am_I_Evil Member

Apr 7, 2009
    it only happens if you reboot without a connection...it doesn't just go away if the TiVo's been working fine and you just disconnect the internet...

5. Aug 3, 2011 #5 of 11
    aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    That is the only time I don't have an internet connection. When i take a premiere to my girlfriends I will sometimes forget the TiVo wireless adapter or a wireless Bridge. So the Premiere boots up with no internet and never has a connection while on. When the Premiere boots up the shows are still there. It just can't access the info for the shows.

I've used a couple of my Premieres over there and they both behaved the same way when booting up without an internet connection. It has never stopped my recordings from showing up in the "My Shows" list.

Now if this is something new with the software that disabled streaming then that could be the case. I have not used a Premiere at her house without an Internet connection since that update was pushed out.

6. Sep 9, 2011 #6 of 11
    robr

robr Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Just happened to me. Was stuck on almost there screen after a reboot. FAQ on TiVo website said to remove the wireless adapter and reboot then plug t back in. I did that and my shows were gone (and going intO settings failed). Rebooted with it Plugged back in and it hung again. Not cool. Wife is very annoyed.

7. Idz21

Idz21 New Member

Sep 10, 2011
    My issue is somewhat related, except that my Wireless Connection keeps disconnecting constantly. Sometimes it works just fine, but others, as soon as I enter the MyShows menu and pick a show, I get kicked back out to the main menu with the "You lost Internet Connection" error.

8. tink531

tink531 New Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I've had both of those problems frequently. My wireless n adapter is hopeless...

9. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Sounds like it might be interference on the wireless channel. Try switching to another channel like 1, 6, or 11.

Things like the microwave and cordless phones can interfere with your connection.

10. Idz21

Idz21 New Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Thanks, this seemed to have corrected my issue. My router was set to Auto and it picked 6. I set it to 11, and along with the static IP trick described here -> www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=8698060 my connection has been holding steady for around a day now. Hopefully it'll continue to do so.

11. jimboc22

jimboc22 New Member

Apr 21, 2010

Thanks for this tip ThAbtO. It does work. :D:up:

My family just moved over the weekend and won't have cable/internet hooked up till tomorrow. We wanted to watch some shows on our TiVo while we wait but when we plugged it in all of our shows were gone. Following ThAbto's tip, we switched to SD menus and voi la there are my shows again.