Lost in Space seas2

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mattyro7878, Dec 24, 2019.

1. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    If it is sci-fi I will watch it. If it is sci-fi from decades ago I will watch and enjoy!! But this is just "The Perils of Pauline" with a hateable character thrown in. (That would be Dr Smith). This is a difficult watch so far at seas2 ep3.

2. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    And it continues...won't get into any content but why did they bother? It is inconceivable how bad it is. In for a penny...

3. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I loved the season. Yeah, sure, if I were there, Dr. Smith would've been killed very quickly, very early. Last Season. But all that notwithstanding it's still quite the entertaining season and lots of interesting developments with the robots. And an interesting setup for season 3.

ke3ju, LlamaLarry, wtherrell and 2 others like this.
  4. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I liked the first season OK. Haven't started this one yet.

5. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

6. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Although Penny isn't as good a character as last season...not as much misbehaving to do. ;)

The science continues to be jaw-droppingly bad. E.g., the water world with the trench around it. Where does the water that falls into the trench go? (People are able to walk around on the trench floor!) Why doesn't either the trench fill up or the ocean drain into it? Water finds its level...that's one of its fundamental characteristics!

Family likes this.
  7. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    You mean the man/machine-made trench whose presence implies that the planet is more than a planet and there's something internal we aren't seeing, and whose presence may be utilizing planetary mechanics to harness things like electrical storms? I think there's a whole lot there to dissect before I'd go to ever considering it should fill up because it's a trench and the water that falls into it has no place else to go.

Now navigating the spaceship with sails, through unknown waters riddled with outcroppings of rock? No comment there? :) And damn, that "jumper cable" sure is long and strong (well, not quite long enough, obviously, but strong).

8. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    But whatever planetary mechanics it may be utilizing don't involve water, because the same machinery is at work on a desert planet.

9. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Not sure I remember the belt being in a trench on the desert planet.

10. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Maybe it's an Infinity pool trench. ;)

11. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I'm watching, but I'm not sure why.

wtherrell and Mikeguy like this.
  12. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Fond memories of reruns of the original.

Couldn’t get past the first few of season 1. Can’t believe it got a season 2.

Mikeguy likes this.
  13. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I can't decide whether or not to watch Season 2. I kind of enjoyed the first season, but I absolutely hated the Dr. Smith character.

LlamaLarry, mattyro7878 and SoupMan like this.
  14. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    You're not going to like her any better in season 2. I just binged it over the weekend and I did enjoy it in spite of her character. The emotional development of the robots is interesting (yes, there's more than one).

15. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a popcorn action adventure movie.
    You can't question they why of it all - just go along for the ride.

mr.unnatural, wtherrell and osu1991 like this.
  16. kdmorse

kdmorse Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    I didn't really enjoy season 1, somehow Will and Robot were the only characters that I ended up giving a damn about. Everyone else was an interchangeable season long random extra, even when they gave them backstories and tried to make us care.

That trend kinda continued into season 2. Couldn't find myself giving a damn until they finally got back to Will and Robots. Fortunately, once we finally got there, it moved along nicely. So I'd say the tail end of Season 2 was quite enjoyable, the start - not so much.

Season 3? Are they really going with kids in space?

17. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I was a little unclear as to where the other Jupiters where planning to go...are they going to one of the...four? other planets in the "Danger!" system?

18. RickStrobel

RickStrobel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2000
    When Maureen, Will and Adler get dropped on the planet to find Robot why not just drop them off right at the destination? Bring in horses and travel another day or two? You have a fricken spaceship!

LlamaLarry likes this.
  19. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I've got a couple of episodes left. Whoever was the science consultant on this show, if there even was one, should never be allowed to work in anything science related again.

20. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    To be fair, I know somebody who knew the first science advisor on ST:TNG, and apparently it doesn't matter how much they know if the producers simply ignore them...

Craigbob and wtherrell like this.