Lost HD Menu - Tivo Premiere XL

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by sansom, Aug 18, 2020.

1. sansom

sansom New Member

Mar 13, 2010

Advertisements

[​IMG] So today when I turned on my TV I noticed I was in the old 'classic' guide. Just the old blue 'bubble' guide. No Ads or video suggestions at the top. Online it said I should go to Tivo Central > Settings & Messages > Settings > Displays and choose HD Guide, however that option isn't one of the 3 options showing in my Displays menu. I can only choose between Channel Banner, Closed Captioning and Lights on Front of Tivo.

I have tried restarting. Restarting in Kickstart 57 mode and finally restart in Kickstart 56 mode. No changes, I'm still in the classic menu.

Funny thing is that last night I ordered the Tivo Edge summer Breeze promotion. But that's it.

I can still try reaching out to Tivo directly but thought someone on the forums might have a quick fix to suggest?

Attached Files:

2. sansom

sansom New Member

Mar 13, 2010
    SOLVED

Thanks to Mover480 for the solution. The night before on Tivo.com I had switched my Privacy Settings from 'Opt In' to 'Opt Out'. This apparently unchecked the 'Enable Video Downloads' selection for my Tivo Premiere XL. I re-selected Enable Video Downloads and re Opted in on the Privacy Settings. (Fine Tivo, have it your way).

Attached Files:

3. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    I find that my Premiere struggles with hd menus. I now use the sd menus and the thing works like brand new.