Lost - ep: The Hunting Party - 01/18

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Test, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Jan 18, 2006 #1 of 284
    Test

Test Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2004

Advertisements

Didnt see a thread, figured no one wanted to be the first??????? weird for a lost thread

ALEX?

2. Jan 18, 2006 #2 of 284
    yaddayaddayadda

yaddayaddayadda New Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Fort Mill, SC
    Thought it was a weak episode. How many more Jack-leaving-on-a-hike-Kate-wants-to-go-Jack-says-no-Kate-goes-anyway scenes do we have to watch?

Plus no Eko. :(

3. Jan 18, 2006 #3 of 284
    Test

Test Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2004
    G.I. JACK

the other guy? james?

4. Jan 18, 2006 #4 of 284
    MannyVjr

MannyVjr Manny Gold Agent 009

Nov 20, 2002
    La Gran Manzana
    Question...

Wouldn't it make more sense to have Jack ask Sayid about the army training? Since Sayid was a SOLDIER!

and we get to see ALEX (sorta). :D

5. Jan 18, 2006 #5 of 284
    ebf

ebf New Member

Mar 21, 2005

Advertisements

Who was Alex? I mean, in this episode.

6. Jan 18, 2006 #6 of 284
    Charon2

Charon2 I want my TiVo Back

Nov 1, 2001
    Canton, OH
    Hurley thinks he has a chance with Abby (or whatever her name is). There was an odd smile last week, but she's a psychiatrist, perhaps she just recognizes him from the hospital?
    So we finally know why Jack is no longer married. She left him for somebody else. It'll be interesting to see if she left him for somebody who has a connection to the island. I'll have to watch again, but it doesn't seem like she had a good excuse to leave him or cheat on him though.
    I have to wonder if Jack really thinks it is a good idea to start a war with the Others. They have been on the island much longer, and know it much better.
    I was among those who didn't think it was Walt on the other end of the computer chat. However, he was heading in the right direction it would seem, even if the Others sent him off the trail. So if it wasn't Walt, why would they give information that would lead to the Others?
    Nice touch between Sun and Jin on the beach. I think it is clear they truly love on another.
    The main Other guy didn't seem sure who Jack was talking about when Jack talked about Ethen Rom being a spy, but just tried to play it cool. Perhaps more evidence that there is more then one group of Others.

7. Jan 18, 2006 #7 of 284
    Test

Test Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2004
    BRING HER OUT ALEX and kate gets handed off with a bag on her head

8. Jan 18, 2006 #8 of 284
    ebf

ebf New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    As if I wasn't already annoyed with this show... What is the deal with Jack and Locke not asking the guy more questions?!? Like, "How long have you all been here?" "How did you get here?" Or how about saying, "Hey, man you show us the way outta this place and The Island is all yours!" Seriously...

9. Jan 18, 2006 #9 of 284
    dba62

dba62 New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Jack was too busy trying to push a no win situation to stop to think to ask an intelligent question.

10. Jan 18, 2006 #10 of 284
    scheckeNYK

scheckeNYK New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Lost got cut off to switch to Law & Order and I missed the end of the exchange between Jack and AL. What happened? Last I heard was:

Jack: I heard you killed one of them?

11. Jan 18, 2006 #11 of 284
    dba62

dba62 New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    She said yes. He asked if she was a cop. She said that she "was". He asked her how long it would take to train an army. That's the gist of it anyway.

12. Jan 18, 2006 #12 of 284
    Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    When Zeke suddenly yelled "You're exactly right, Jack!" from the shadows, I got goosebumps and leaned a little closer to the TV. YES!! Somethings about to happen!! Maybe we'll learn something.

So, what did we learn? We learned that the Others totally own the Lostaways. They have them outnumbered and outclassed.

We learned that "Zeke" (Sawyer's nicknames crack me up) thinks Alvar Hanso is "a lot smarter than anyone here". So, they are indeed connected with the Dharma project in some way.

We learned that Alex is alive and well (probably the girl on the boat, as was guessed by some).

We had it reaffirmed that the Others are not indiscriminate killers. They could have wiped them all out by now if they had so wanted to.

We learned that Jin is totally whipped now.

I agree that Zeke didn't seem to know who Ethan is. I just watched it again and after Jack says that they "sent a spy" Zeke's face is a total blank. Then the writers seem to make a point of it by having Jack state "Ethan". Zeke's reaction to that name is interesting. He seems to mull the name over for a bit, then is very guarded in his response: "Very interesting theory, Jack".

13. Jan 18, 2006 #13 of 284
    Grumpy Pants

Grumpy Pants Pants

Jul 1, 2002
    Mass.
    I was a little disappointed with the lack of info and I am not convinced that there were that many people with torches. Also, what did Sawyer call that dude? Zeke?

14. Jan 18, 2006 #14 of 284
    davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    Perhaps he wants the army for defense, rather than to start a war.

I too get the impression there could be two different groups of Others... the scruffy human ones, and the more clean cut superhuman ones.

Zeke's phony facial hair was quite a distraction in HD. :thumbsdown:

15. Jan 18, 2006 #15 of 284
    canonelan2

canonelan2 Imagineer

May 11, 2001
    Chicagoland
    Was "Zeke" played by the same actor as the season one finale? He looked like a different actor to me.

16. Jan 18, 2006 #16 of 284
    dba62

dba62 New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    My audio cut out for a few seconds right around the time that Jack and Locke were arguing. Locke wanted to head back.

Jack: "Don't turn around on me John."
    Locke: "You're not going to get him to come back and you know it."
    Jack: "You know what happens if we just turn around and go back?"
    <lost audio>
    Jack: "... on us, on you, and on me."

Other: "You're exactly right Jack."

So what did Jack say that I missed? Thanks.

17. Jan 18, 2006 #17 of 284
    Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    The only other options are that "Zeke" and Alex herded them into a location where they had set up torches ahead of time, or that she and/or other assistants set them up very quickly after the hunting party stopped (perhaps during the commercial break? ;)) .

18. Jan 18, 2006 #18 of 284
    canonelan2

canonelan2 Imagineer

May 11, 2001
    Chicagoland
    I guess it IS the same actor. According to tv.com M. C. Gainey is credited as the "bearded man" in the season one finale and as "Mr. Friendly" in tonights episode.

19. Jan 18, 2006 #19 of 284
    Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    Definitely the same actor--a very recognizable character actor whose name I don't know.

20. Jan 18, 2006 #20 of 284
    Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004

Jack: "Don't turn around on me John."
    Locke: "You're not going to get him to come back and you know it."
    Jack: "You know what happens if we just turn around and go back?"
    Jack: "We're never going to see him again... And that's going to be on us. On you... And on me."

Other: "You're exactly right Jack."