Lost Basic Cable signal on dual tuner TIVO

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by thunderny, Aug 10, 2007.

1. thunderny

thunderny New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    I know this has been asked before numerous times. I just finished checking the forum answers but I just want to verify and possibly get more answers/help.

We switched to Verizon FIOS a month ago. I ran setup with TIVO DT2 and everything was working fine. Now all of a sudden we lost the signal for our basic cable channels to the Tivo. Everything going to the cable box works fine.

I restarted the Tivo this past Weds. We got the channels back. But lost them again on Thurs. I again restarted the Tivo twice yesterday and still no basic cable channels. All the connections are good.

What else can I do? Do I need to buy a booster for to attache prior to the splitter or after the splitter to the Tivo directly? If so where to buy booster, Radio Shack?

2. chip_r

chip_r Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Southeast PA
    If you can connect the cable directly to a TV and see your basic analog channels, the issue isn't signal strength. Adding a booster will only cause problems. Only digital cable goes from good to black, analog cable just gets snowy with weak signals.

If your basic cable straight to the TV is out then it's Verizon's problem. If not, then try running guided setup again on your TiVo.