Lost Audio on all OTA Digital Channels

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by AJ500, Dec 6, 2006.

1. AJ500

AJ500 Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Cincinnati

Advertisements

Today, I changed to a live OTA digital channel and had no audio. The problem appeared every OTA digital channel, but not any of the D* channels.

Recordings from OTA digital channels in the playlist from a few days ago had audio, so I ruled out a problem with settings, cables, or TV.

I re-booted the HR10-250 (6.3a) and now audio is back to normal. I have no idea what caused the problem, but the re-boot cured it.

2. leesweet

leesweet TC Special Member

Mar 13, 2004
    Northern VA...
    Bottom line, the HR10 (and all of these boxes) are PCs (or whatever name you want to call them). The image in memory gets corrupted and things happen for reasons that no one can explain. I have no idea what can corrupt the running software either. But, as with your PC, the first "line of defense" is a reboot. If that fixes it (meaning you therefore can't reproduce the problem easily or at all), the heck with it and carry on. :)

3. thepackfan

thepackfan Member

May 21, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Another possibility is if Dolby output has changed from output pcm, some tv's(ie Samsung), won't output the sound of Dolby thru HDMI.