Lost all SD channels. Optimum on Long Island, NY now has switched video

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mike9186, Apr 4, 2020.

1. mike9186

mike9186 New Member

Jul 23, 2003
    About 3 weeks ago I noticed I lost all the SD channels on my Tivo Roamio (that I've had for about 7 years). I've called Optimum a minimum of 10 times and finally spoke to someone who used to work in the Tivo/cablecard department (now shut down). She said that Optimum changed the cable signal on Long Island to switched video which requires a tuning adapter and even with the tuning adapter a lot of SD channels still wont be available.

I'm going to attempt to go to an Optimum store on Monday and get a tuning adapter.

Has anyone else on Long Island recently noticed this issue?

Thanks

Mike B

2. RickNY

RickNY Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Most of the SD channels that have an HD counterpart were moved to SDV, as well as the Stingray music channels, and all the Cinemax channels. There are probably more.

If you can get someone at a store that doesn’t tell you that they don’t have tuning adapters, and manage to get one - you should be able to access anything on SDV that you are subscribed to.

3. HPAA

HPAA New Member

May 14, 2020
    Hello, New member here. I've had the same issue as of 4/30. I was told I needed new cable cards. Big Mistake.

Since then they can't bind the new cards because they can't get an IP? Now I only get channels 702-714. A total disaster!!!

I finally spoke to someone who confirmed they did switch to SDV. Did you get the TA from Optimum and/or how did you install it?

4. mike9186

mike9186 New Member

Jul 23, 2003
    I did get the tuning adapter and it did not help my issue. It's very easy to install and you should have no problem doing it yourself. It not solve my missing channel problems.

What did solve the problem was there was a cut/frayed cable line somewhere in my neighborhood. It was patched and my channels returned. There have been a few more times when I was alerted by Optimum there was a outage in my area and when it was resolved the channels would not work for the next 48-72 hours and eventually they would come back....