Lost All Channels For 10 Minutes

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by ADG, Mar 22, 2012.

1. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA

Advertisements

Yet another strange situation with my Elite. It's been working great since the last SW update. But last night at about 8PM I was changing channels from 738 to 705 (USA HD to FOX HD on Cablevision NJ) and 705 had a black screen with the "Channel Not Available" message. Okay, not my first rodeo (I have two S3's) to I figured I'd change channels a few times and get it back. Well, EVERY channel was gone - all with the same message (both HD and SD). Checked one of the S3's and everything was normal, so the problem was clearly on my end.

I did a hard reset and still the same issue. I then tuned to a premium channel and it came in fine. Then I used the channel down button on the remote and every channel came in except for the lower "network" channels (702-713). Eventually everything came back except for 705 (Fox). Every time I tuned to that channel I got a black screen with a "Pause" indicator at the bottom. I'd press play, ff, rew, whatever - and the pause would go away but still a black screen. This went on for about an hour and then finally everything was back to normal.

This morning everything seems fine too. Does anyone have any thoughts about what this might be?

BTW, when it first happened I did call Cablevision and asked them to send an update to the M-Card, which they did - but the that didn't fix the problem. It went away on its own shortly after.

Thanks.

2. Torgo

Torgo Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Philadelphia
    Did you check any other tuners/DVRs to see if it was just a simple cable outage for 10 minutes?

3. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    As I said in my post above, only this tivo was affected. Thanks for the response though.

4. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ